Welcome, Lurkers!

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's appreciated.

Wow, lookit all the new kids! It's a pleasure to meet all of you.

In case anybody doesn't yet know it, to get to Erotica - Share Your Work and the password-protected part of the erotica board, you need a password. You get it by contacting me or veinglory, asking for the password, and saying you are 21 years old or older.

Maryn, way, way older (but still immature)

Hi Maryn, you'll be hearing from me soon.

Welcome to funnest board in the forum. Where just about anything goes (and usually does). Bring rubber boots.

Just sayin...

Hello there. Thanks.

*Note to self: Get rubber boots*

Sometimes you need rubber pants for this forum. Just sayin'. But it's a fun group, and I'm delighted to see you all!

Filigree, one of the fruitloops.

Hi and Glad to be here :)

*NTS: Also rubber pants*

Wow, look at all the new victims friends! And you might want to add rubber gloves...heck, just bring a whole hazmat suit. :D

:Jaw::chair

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Maryn idly wonders what ever happened to that guy she used to know who was so heavily into latex body suits, including head coverings with eye and nose holes...]

It's Saturday, everybody! Who's got plans to do some writing this weekend?

Maryn, shaking her pompoms at you

VictoriaStein

Practically perfect in every way
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ElaStein.com
[Maryn idly wonders what ever happened to that guy she used to know who was so heavily into latex body suits, including head coverings with eye and nose holes...]

Makes me fondly remember American Horror Story Season I.. that was kind of hot ;)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

This forum has tempted me for a long time, but never quite enough to pull me out of the corner. Lori's AW anthology submission call enticed me to give it a try.

Just as well, I was starting to feel like some perverted obsessive compulsive stalker.

So . . . here I am.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, perverted obsessive compulsive stalker! You're going to fit right in.

As you probably know already, this part of the board moves more slowly than the part behind the password which keeps the under-21 folks out and the board's owner out of jail. There's one mixed social-and-writing thread there which is a great place to get acquainted with the other weirdos.

Maryn, glad to see you

Champagne Cupcake

Word Nerd From Way Back
Registered
Reaction score
New here as a member of the community. Extremely honored to be in such great company. Not new here as a long time lurker. Now that I've published my first book, it's time to step into the light.

Hello!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, is that who the shadowy figure was! Hi there, and welcome!

Maryn, pleased to see you

alexp336

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alexpendragon.com
Hello all :) New ex-lurker decloaking with the traditional bajillion questions. I've been writing contemporary M/M for a few years now, but posting it for free on an LGBTQ erotica story site and my own little tumblr.

You all seem very friendly, or at least respectful of safewords, which I've found amounts to roughly the same thing.

Alex

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not too hard at all, considering that I hone my teeth weekly. I wouldn't want to kill anybody!

Maryn, big creampuff*

*hahahaha, you can tell I wrote today--I typed "creampuss"

alexp336

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alexpendragon.com
Funnily enough "big creampuss" was my nickname at uni*

*not actually true, but artistic license etc etc :)

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Alex

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I live but to serve, ma'am.

Maryn, writing D/s

Skimmer

Registered
Reaction score
So, I got a big idea last week. Write erotica for $$$! I'd heard a little about the e-reader explosion, and I'm at a turning point in my life.

So as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm about 4 days into researching the field, writing, and trying to decide if I'm utterly deluded. I feel somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of information from posts here and in blogs and articles.

My main qualification to become a writer is that I am a reader. One of those crazy, obsessed readers. I've used books as entertainment, escape, crutches, and sometimes literally as lifelines.

:D ;) OK, I threw that 'literally' in there as a joke, just to imagine the cringes. I have a mean side.

This de-lurk has probably stretched out long enough. I can see this is a mature community and I'm sure I'll appreciate that aspect if I keep traveling down this smutty path.

Zoe X. Rider

Registered
Reaction score
Website
zoexrider.tumblr.com
Hi Skimmer. I've gone to an ereader, so I can only use my books as lifelines in dry situations.

Being a reader is a good place to start from if you're going to write.

(Oh, and if you have any confusion/questions from your research, feel free to ask around the forum. It may only more confuse you more, but it'll give the rest of us something to do....)

Last edited:

CJinx

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all! I've been poking around at my own work all on my lonesome (and the help of my partner) for about a month, ever since I first decided to get serious about actually writing for publication. Now that I've finally started to push my stories onto the web, I thought it was high time to make friends with similar interests. :)

I'm looking forward to chitting and chatting with everyone, and hopefully getting some savvy advice while I'm at it!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're glad you found us. Hiding can be exhausting.

Maryn, usually this silly if not worse

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
Okay, so I originally posted this in the general erotic section, screwed up as I usually do and have decided to move it here.
Sorry, admin.

Hi guys. I'm posting here because as my thread says, I feel I'm in need of some ,advice. Recently I have been trying to work on a few short erotic pieces of work, something I have done when I was younger but have only just got back into it.

Now though, I find myself struggling to write anything I can be satisfied with, just feeling that my work is flat and emotionless and useless really. I have tried a few tips to help, like looking at other writer's work, seeing what they do, but that just more makes me distressed that I cannot write like them and having almost no idea how to make my work as good. So I guess I'm looking for some objective feedback really, to let me know if my work is as poor as I think and maybe get some ideas how to improve what I write.

My real question is how did others develop into writing erotica? To me, it feels like I can't do it myself and the only way to do it is to read what others have written, but that feels like a lack of my own creativity. It just frustrates me that I cant do it when I could before.

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
White, keep in mind that what you're buying is something that's been through multiple edits. My own debut had 10,000 words added to it and a lot of tweaking before it was deemed ready to head out into the world. Find a beta reader or a crit group--AW is great for making connections. You're writing seemed fine to me, in the quick glance through--have you tried shopping it around?

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
White, keep in mind that what you're buying is something that's been through multiple edits. My own debut had 10,000 words added to it and a lot of tweaking before it was deemed ready to head out into the world. Find a beta reader or a crit group--AW is great for making connections. You're writing seemed fine to me, in the quick glance through--have you tried shopping it around?

Yeah, I can tell myself that, but it doesn't help since I cant see any way forward. I'm not looking for perfection, just something that doesn't feel rubbish or useless, something I can be kinda satisfied, even if not happy, with.
That's kinda what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure where to start? Any tips or hints?

Fine seems to be the best I can do, just mediocre, average, boringly dull. How do you mean shopping it around?

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
By shopping it around, I mean looking for a publisher that's looking for what you've written. There are a number that are: Riptide, Storm Moon, I think Less Than Three as well, right off the top of my head. Are you 21? If so, you should PM one of our mods for the password, because you can build up your posts pretty fast in New Blue. Otherwise, build up your posts elsewhere, then post something in Beta Readers, to see if you can find a crit partner. We are never the best judge of our work.

White

friendly white tiger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tailsrefuge.com
By shopping it around, I mean looking for a publisher that's looking for what you've written. There are a number that are: Riptide, Storm Moon, I think Less Than Three as well, right off the top of my head. Are you 21? If so, you should PM one of our mods for the password, because you can build up your posts pretty fast in New Blue. Otherwise, build up your posts elsewhere, then post something in Beta Readers, to see if you can find a crit partner. We are never the best judge of our work.

Oh, I see. I wasn't actually looking to sell this one, it was just intended as a bit of practice. So, there are furry publishers out there, is that what you are saying. Or is there some other connection between the three you mentioned?

Yeah, well over 21. So, I'll do that. I'm hoping to get to 50 posts reasonably quickly. And I will check out beta readers when I can. No, I'm definitely not the best judge, sadly I'm the one I listen to most.