Status
Not open for further replies.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Have fun storming the castle, Bettie! If that role playing fails to give you confidence, then try storming the Castle :e2brows:

I have returned! I was so het up about leaving the house and going to a strange place, I forgot to turn off teh innernets.

One girl was super friendly, the other, not so much, but she was helpful and eventually warmed to my nerdy charm. I think when I kowtowed to the dishwasher, that broke the ice. And the 18' closet? I like to think when other closets lay them down to sleep, they pray to this sucker, because it is endless, huge and all powerful.

It is super cute. As nice as the pictures on the website. Patio looks smaller, but still, outdoor, private space! Kitchen and bathroom: PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER! itty bitty living space. But guess what? Bigger than my car!

And apparently, the unit I would be going for?

Faces the chocolate factory. Yes. I will live in Willie Wonka's back yard. Well... Ghirardelli's back yard. Same diff.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Bettie, that brings back memories.

As A child I attended a YMCA camp in Wisconsin that was across a small lake from a Nestles factory.

The prevailing wind was decadent.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

Faces the chocolate factory. Yes. I will live in Willie Wonka's back yard. Well... Ghirardelli's back yard. Same diff.

Sounds amazing Bettie, I really hope this works out for you. i'm very jealous that it's behind a chocolate factory. Very jealous. :D

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone.

I am stressing about the credit report, so I did another of those "free" things through my bank for my credit report (creditreport.com - the last one I did was from my turbotax - it gave me a link for a free credit report and was a different company), and uh.... totally way different from the last one. All the same info shows, but the number is SUPER WAY HIGHER. I was terrified by that last number....

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kewlies, B. Find out if the cocoa factory feeds their off chocolate to pigs just like Hershey's does ;)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
You'll get it Bettie. We'll threaten to send something round if they look like refusing you.

To add to today's crazy I submit this.

In the UK at the moment there is panic buying of petrol. This is because tanker drivers are threatening to go on strike next weekend and the government has told everyone to not panic. The strike isn't even official yet, it might not even happen, and there are people fighting on forecourts over whose turn it is.

In the event of an apoxyclips, we are screwed. Totally screwed.

What's that spell?
:e2fish:

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
In 3 weeks. And if I had the money, maybe I would. But there's this small part of me (that looks, acts & sounds a lot like my mother) that disapproves of that idea. :)

Bah, forget that noise. It's your peace of mind we're talking about. (Granted, I don't speak from personal experience since I've never used an outside cleaner, but it could be worth it.)

It is super cute. As nice as the pictures on the website. Patio looks smaller, but still, outdoor, private space! Kitchen and bathroom: PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER! itty bitty living space. But guess what? Bigger than my car!

Oooh, niiiiiice!

...Darn it, now I crave chocolate!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
... and eventually warmed to my nerdy charm.

We all do.

Just wait until after you sign the papers to ask to lick the wallpaper.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
oh gosh, I feel sick to my stomach. Why do strange places and people scare me so much?!? It's one of those things... do I eat? Do I not eat? I think the complex is really big and if I don't eat and have to walk far I'll feel silk because I haven't eaten, but I feel so sick to my tummy I don't think I can eat.

see?

I can make you up a +1 Peepol iz stoopidz badge of social interactivity protection.

It works wonderfully. Smart people get the joke. The stupid people point out the bad English. You'd be surprised at how many people will point out the bad English. You can snicker at them silently and know that you are smarter than they.

You'll get it Bettie. We'll threaten to send something round if they look like refusing you.

To add to today's crazy I submit this.

In the UK at the moment there is panic buying of petrol. This is because tanker drivers are threatening to go on strike next weekend and the government has told everyone to not panic. The strike isn't even official yet, it might not even happen, and there are people fighting on forecourts over whose turn it is.

In the event of an apoxyclips, we are screwed. Totally screwed.

What's that spell?
:e2fish:
Think of it this way. Those folks are the ones to go down first. They buy you time to escape and prepare.

We all do.

Just wait until after you sign the papers to ask to lick the wallpaper.

Wait, that was nerdy charm? I never noticed the nerdy part. Either you're not as nerdy as you think you are, or I'm a major nerd.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
oh gosh, I feel sick to my stomach. Why do strange places and people scare me so much?!? It's one of those things... do I eat? Do I not eat? I think the complex is really big and if I don't eat and have to walk far I'll feel silk because I haven't eaten, but I feel so sick to my tummy I don't think I can eat.

Ugh. Can you keep little packets of nonperishable salty-carb snacks somewhere so that when you get into a situation like this you have some small comfort food at hand?

I had friends whose apartment overlooked the back door of a funeral home. Chocolate is much better. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
mmm. cookies! And Chocolate!!! That place sounds nice, Bettie. And most places that do a credit check pull from all three major reporting agencies, since they're all a bit different. So a better number = good!

I bought violet candies and chocolate bars today, from this place. After getting Peruvian chicken for lunch. Have I mentioned that I love where the new job is located?

I also got to work on documentation!!! Just editing, proofing, and fixing templates, but it's much better than spending the whole day reading about the product. My brain feels better.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have fun storming the castle, Bettie! If that role playing fails to give you confidence, then try storming the Castle :e2brows:

This reminds me, I need to catch up online.

I'm a couple of episodes behind....

Btw Fen, isn't there a Castle thread in the TV section? And if not, shouldn't there be??

:D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I think the funeral home would be ample story fodder.

Alas, friends were not writers.

That said, it did allow for bizarre decor choices. You'd be amazed at how many kitchen things you can get designed after Munch's The Scream.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So my husband was able to confirm that what we thought were coyotes were actually TWO packs of wild dogs. He confirmed this when they came up into our south field just at dusk. That's less than a hundred yards from the house. So not good news.

So I've spent the last hour walking through the field with my husband, sister, and brother in law, hunting dogs. And, since I was the slowest on my feet, guess who ended up with the weakest gun?

And the most irritating part? We didn't get the damned dogs!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So my husband was able to confirm that what we thought were coyotes were actually TWO packs of wild dogs. He confirmed this when they came up into our south field just at dusk. That's less than a hundred yards from the house. So not good news.

So I've spent the last hour walking through the field with my husband, sister, and brother in law, hunting dogs. And, since I was the slowest on my feet, guess who ended up with the weakest gun?

And the most irritating part? We didn't get the damned dogs!

:( Not good news at all.

I hope you get them before they become even more of a threat....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Said by a man I saw in a show on Tuesday. Right before he brought out a paintball machine gun that looked like it belonged on the deck of a battleship. Sounded like it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.