Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsvalkyrie

Hounds of Justice
Registered
Reaction score
Website
realmoffear.wordpress.com
I don't mind these moments so much, because I know that if I did it once I can do it again. The problem I think is dwelling too much on it and trying to reproduce it later. Nothing will measure up because you'll be trying to force it. But when you just let it come out, some good shit can come out, haha.

Of course, for me, it's rare. Haha. I'm willing to change 99% of what I write in revisions, but there are some bits (usually it's a sentence, sometimes a paragraph, but never anything like an entire chapter) that I just love so much and unless multiple people tell me, "I don't know what you see in this. It's just shit," then I'll keep it in. I don't know if that's the way to go... but I do... haha.

As a side note, that thing that was said (I forget who said it above) about how someone (an agent? editor?) said writing can't be done while drunk or high, that really does bother me to a certain extent. I don't like the ones who think they have to be drunk or high to write a bestseller-- "Hey, I wrote a book last night while I was drunk." "Oh, really? Let me see." "Well, no. It's shit. But I was drunk and that's what matters." But I don't think being under the influence necessarily means what you wrote is shit. I, for one, can't write at all when I'm drunk. I mean, literally can't write. I once thought I wrote notes for a story and when I went back the next day (sober) it was a bunch of scribbles that resembled a unicorn having sex with a monkey. Damn. I've also written high, and it wasn't very good, but my concentration was at an utmost high. I never knew I could concentrate like that! Haha. But I wouldn't do it again. However, I won't judge those who do (the ones who do it because they truly think it helps; not the ones who do it just to do it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.