Where are you? (in your novel)

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Editing the first few chapters for the hundred millionth time...at some point, I have to quit and move on to finish editing the rest of the book...just not sure how to make myself do this!
One sentence at a time.

RAL

Registered
Reaction score
I'm all over the place, since I'm re-plotting / rewriting. But the part I'm pretty sure up to is that Tanya and Alex have just gotten back from their first date, which ended with a near-kiss. She's staying at his place because of unusual circumstances, but do they kiss and do it, just kiss, Alex sleeps on the couch, or Tanya sleeps on the couch?

It's kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure, eh? But no, you don't get to choose. I have to, and it's a tough choice.

If she's staying over it hasn't ended yet !!!
Make that move Alex and you won't live in regret !!!

PandaMan

Panda girls are the best!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in a part of my WIP called the slog. A mixture of muck, weeds, and frustration that's quickly solidifying my brain into concrete. I need to pull myself out of it pronto and push my characters into it. They're the ones who belong there, not me.

Mary_MO

Registered
Reaction score
I have three characters right now. I'm having to back track and add more scenes, more dialogue to each chapter. Move them around and maybe take the third character out. My problem? Dialogue is my weakest point in writing. I realized after writing about more than 50k words that I don't have much of that.....oh no!
Without a strong dialogue the story will fall apart, is what I've read in one of my research. I've tried, but I just can't seem to get it right.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
MC just got back from killing his father to find his friend (another MC) is off after whoever kidnapped the Lord Regent's brother.

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
If she's staying over it hasn't ended yet !!!
Make that move Alex and you won't live in regret !!!

Thanks. You just convinced me that they do not do it at this point. I think I can use the anticipation to keep you reading for another chapter or two to see what happens, even if those chapters are the minutes of the Northeast Indiana Philately Association's annual board meeting.

BekkahSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Taking a break from Myrari's journey and focusing on my skater novella. The character voice is so clear and words are pouring out. It's therapeutic for me to call people out on their stuff in this story, since I can't in real life. :D My character is in an emo mood and the claws are coming out. It's fun, what can I say. It helps me keep my sanity at work while things are crazy. :)

Last edited:

ShadowVixenX

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently 14.6 thousand words into the first draft of my first novel. I'm a pantser so I'm still discovering the story for myself, but this is the farthest I've ever gotten on a WIP before giving up.

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
Stalled out a bit right after the main trio get it on. Where to go from here? Back to my outline, apparently. But now I have the outline completely reworked, much stronger (I think!), and I have a proper chapter breakdown for the main plot points. And I'm unblocked for the beginning of chapter 6!

28,500 words down, 60,000 more to go.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to proofread galleys, which seems an almost impossible task, for my ADHD mind. At least it's the final step before my March release from my publisher.:)

Last edited:

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Three-quarters of the way through my NaNo, halfway through my expected word count for this story.

Anthemone is about to get acquainted with a girl no seer can predict, Simona Ochoa. She's also about to find herself in a world of trouble.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
My boys are each getting another Purple braid.

And, I decided Slate isn't falling in love yet. It's just gonna hurt when he does.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’m typically a pantser—85-90%. The other 10-15% exists in a messy accumulation of yellow sticky notes, scraps of paper, and the occasional napkin or paper towel. Oh, and the end in my head. For the first time ever, I’m writing an outline on a story idea I’ve had for a while. A proper outline. I have to admit…it bores me. Pantsing this post is more exciting.

Celimlodyn

Registered
Reaction score
Umoh is plotting to steal his apprentice-master's smith power, and sell his daughter into slavery to get rid of her.

(The smith's daughter not Umoh's...)

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Update: writing again after a month of research and plotting. Editing chapter one because someone here agreed to try out being my crit partner. Thanks. You know who you are.

Dasha is leading a customer into her apartment to sell her body.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Everyone working at the news channel one character now owns just walked out. Meanwhile the other character went off to do some investigating on his own and has just been captured by a guy he thought was a friend.

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
Proofread #2

We find our heroes on board an airship, defeated by Count Ausger and his crew of Seekers. Isaac and the others helplessly watch as the kidnapped Delrune is forced to summon the Memorite Core, which will give the Count access to the most powerful substance in the universe.

If allowed to bond with the crystal, a threat will be born so large that not only Hourenthro, but other galaxies will be at his mercy...including Earth's.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Both my guys are now being held by the baddies, who are planning to kill them and make it look like a murder-suicide scenario. But it's okay, there's an escape plan in place.

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
MC1 just sentenced MC2 to death :O

Now to find a way to write him out of this situation...