Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I hate alternate spellings, but that one's all punny, so we'll let it pass.

Besides, I think all cats are a little demonic, anyway.

My little sister moved back in - with her cat Bilbo - and either the cat is insane or there is a ghost in my house, because Bilbo walks up to open air and acts like she's rubbing against it, purring. Bilbo will also chase something that isn't there - right into the wall - and sometimes be found in places I'm not sure how she's getting in to (like the furnace room - nobody goes into the furnace room. Or the coat closet we never use because there is a BENCH in front preventing the door from opening).

The best part is, everyone gets mad at everyone else about it. Little sister thinks we're being mean. Little brother thinks we're trying to scare him. Older brother thinks little sister is trying to scare little brother. They all blame one another, and get genuinely upset about it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm listening to Pontypool. Don't know if anybody here has heard that one, but here's a link to the radio play. It started out as a book, was made into a terrifically creepy movie and a radio play.

I would like to do something similar as a radio play. Not zombies/ghouls, that bores me. But something where sound is the scary bit. Can anybody throw me ideas about horror ideas that involve sound?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Banshee, ghosts, someone creeping about inside your walls.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm divided on whether to keep my vampire-related horror-ish (I'm waiting to see how it turns out before I fully classify it) as a straight thing or if I should just embrace the goofier aspects and have it end up as some kind of weird black comedy-type deal.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
<staggers into bar and immediately goes behind bar, lines up every shot glass in the bar along the bar, pulls bottle of Kraken from somewhere underneath and starts pouring>

Mine. All mine! Whahahahaha!

<starts down bar downing shots with bottle still in hand>

rough day? Or is there a goal in mind?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
rough day? Or is there a goal in mind?

Nope, nope. Good day. <gulp> Got complimented <gulp> by our Engineering Dept. Manager <gulp> too. He wants me to come over from working as a Tech <gulp> Writer for the company VP <gulp> to working for him in the <gulp> Engi...enginee...that department where they design <gulp> stu...stu...stu-uff...

<doing my best Foster Brooks imitation>

He said (in reference to my ability with 3D programs like Sketchup) "You get it, and that's rare. I need you in Engineering."

<gulp>

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Why are passports so expensive? It's £72.50 to get one, it's insane.

It was £20 when I renewed mine in 2003.

I'm listening to Pontypool. Don't know if anybody here has heard that one, but here's a link to the radio play. It started out as a book, was made into a terrifically creepy movie and a radio play.

Haven't heard it, The film always throws me, because with a title like that I'd expect it to be set in Wales, but it's Canadian...

(On that theme, there's a US indie called Gravesend and an Australian film called Newcastle...)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if we're going to 3-D engineer programs to make real monsters, man, I'd want you in on that, too, Greg. I'm sure you're the right man for that job.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Hey, if we're going to 3-D engineer programs to make real monsters, man, I'd want you in on that, too, Greg. I'm sure you're the right man for that job.

3D engineered monsters? Oh, yeah. I'm all over that.

"In an attempt to create a truly autonomous and aggressive combat drone the military announced that its labs had managed to merge the functions of an organic weasel brain with the combat weaponry of an M1A2 Abrams main battle tank and had, in addition, added the weaponry of an F15 strike fighter and an A-10 Warthog to the combined package.

"Weighing in at an estimated 500 tons, the military's newest vehicle, signed as a Battle LoadOut-Offensive Mark I, or BOLO MkI for short, is expected to see extensive testing in the increasing combat intensive areas of the Middle East as attempts to contain the plague continue.

"Military spokesmen confirmed today that there were already plans on the drawing board for 1 thousand and 2 thousand ton models of the BOLO combat units and plans for developing even larger vehicles dubbed "Continental Siege Units" armed with even heavier and more sophisticated firepower, potentially even nuclear scale missiles and heavy energy weapons.

"All of the current generation of BOLOs are completely autonomous, able to think and act and attack on their own, but they're programmed to react to their handlers as allies and friends and not to harm civilians said one project official. There's nothing to worry about."

Bob's a BOLO, you know. A 50 thousand ton MkVIII, but he's my friend. And he'll be yours too, long as you cooperate.

:)

Last edited:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
3D engineered monsters? Oh, yeah. I'm all over that.

"In an attempt to create a truly autonomous and aggressive combat drone the military announced that its labs had managed to merge the functions of an organic weasel brain with the combat weaponry of an M1A2 Abrams main battle tank and had, in addition, added the weaponry of an F15 strike fighter and an A-10 Warthog to the combined package.

"Weighing in at an estimated 500 tons, the military's newest vehicle, signed as a Battle LoadOut-Offensive Mark I, or BOLO MkI for short, is expected to see extensive testing in the increasing combat intensive areas of the Middle East as attempts to contain the plague continue.

"Military spokesmen confirmed today that there were already plans on the drawing board for 1 thousand and 2 thousand ton models of the BOLO combat units and plans for developing even larger vehicles dubbed "Continental Siege Units" armed with even heavier and more sophisticated firepower, potentially even nuclear scale missiles and heavy energy weapons.

"All of the current generation of BOLOs are completely autonomous, able to think and act and attack on their own, but they're programmed to react to their handlers as allies and friends and not to harm civilians said one project official. There's nothing to worry about."

Bob's a BOLO, you know. A 50 thousand ton MkVIII, but he's my friend. And he'll be yours too, long as you cooperate.

Oh, right, this is why you're my favorite. Or at least one of them.

I borrowed a book with floor plans for places that have secret rooms, corridors, and so on. Most were there for servants, not for It's kinda neat to look at - you can see that standard step sizes weren't a thing, for example, and that what constituted a legal bedroom has really changed over the years.

I can see how you'd not notice a whole room was walled off, given how small some of them were. Staircases, too.

Speaking of, my favorite thing in the world is the stories about how ghostly feet will walk through ceilings, or you'll see someone waist-up walking across the floor, because the ceilings have moved - because buildings used to be shorter.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
3D engineered monsters? Oh, yeah. I'm all over that. <SNIP> Bob's a BOLO, you know. A 50 thousand ton MkVIII, but he's my friend. And he'll be yours too, long as you cooperate.

I respect your meka-kaiju and bow down before his obvious superiority.......

At least until I finish this one little sacrifice, and Cthulhu rises to wreak my vengeance.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*comes out with a very large, empty collar*

Umm....has anybody seen Scruffles?

Oops. You sure he's not playing King of the Mountain with Bob the kaiju? I thought I heard some noises outside, sounded like cars being flung around like an excitable child's Lego set.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I think of his tentacles needed some exercise.

I've sprayed a bunch of cow's blood all over the place and I'm pretty sure the scent will bring him back when he gets tired of munching on people. I mean, who wants to chomp on 30 year-old meat when a nice, tender cow is waiting for you?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
But does she know you well enough to know that you'll think she'll think it's a trap, and therefore clearly couldn't be a trap? That is the danger with dragons... they're clever. And they have teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.