The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's really early in the relationship to be talking about children? I mean I've always been honest at the beginning of relationships that I don't like and don't want children so I don't know what the average time frame is for that convo to come up.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
So less "ha ha" and more "is this really my life?" funny, I've had two friends tell me in the last 48 hours that they are pregnant. Two more are trying. Which lead to a conversation with JL last night that he initiated, where we decided to wait until spring and then decide if we want to try and get me knocked up before the end of next year.

Cuz that's not terrifying or anything...

Yup. You've had quite enough practice. Tee hee.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
So less "ha ha" and more "is this really my life?" funny, I've had two friends tell me in the last 48 hours that they are pregnant. Two more are trying. Which lead to a conversation with JL last night that he initiated, where we decided to wait until spring and then decide if we want to try and get me knocked up before the end of next year.

Wait, wait. What???? BABY BLOND???

ETA: Blog pimping...Mr. Snappy has a new blogging name for guest posts and I'm previewing a new feature called Corgi Corner. You know you want to see. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
[delurks for Caleb] Because Mr. Lily asked me to marry him on the 2nd date, before the 3rd date I asked him point-blank if he wanted to have kids, because I did. If he'd have said No, I would've rethought. [relurks]

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
[delurks for Caleb] Because Mr. Lily asked me to marry him on the 2nd date, before the 3rd date I asked him point-blank if he wanted to have kids, because I did. If he'd have said No, I would've rethought. [relurks]

My best friend, who has been married since 1996, says they are still on her second date.

*swoons -- I love romance*

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Aww your kiddos would be so cute blond! Afternoon all. I so would have said something Jo. I am like you. No one can hit my kid but me!

calib, I feel like Jo. I talk about kiddos w/ all dates as theirs no point if he don't want rip them n I do to continue the relationship or I have to think if I love home enough to not have them.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Just to add, Caleb: it also depends on the age bracket for the couple sometimes. A couple in their 30s or 40s may deal with the issue differently than a couple in their early 20s.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Parenting is hard! Hugs to Jo and Xiao.

But wow, Blondie, things are serious! And that's great. You already have the no-sleep thing down -- why not add a baby?

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!

That scared the shit out of me.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
That scared the shit out of me.

LMAO. Me too, because it's at the top of the page and I missed the page before. I was like WH-A-AT??????!!!!!?????!!!!!

Don't ever scare me like that again!

However, now that I know the context, I'm on board. You kids talk it over, and keep us posted *starts knitting baby booties*... what?

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Wow, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's really early in the relationship to be talking about children? I mean I've always been honest at the beginning of relationships that I don't like and don't want children so I don't know what the average time frame is for that convo to come up.

Ha. When you're a 37 year old woman the answer to that question is: First Date.

Actually, it came up accidentally on our first date. But you do sort of have to put it out there early on when you're a woman of a certain age. To his credit, the man never batted an eyelash.

As far as speed, the only thing we've agreed upon is to revisit the topic in the spring. By then, we'll be like a year and a half into a relationship (if we manage to last that long) which is a healthy amount of time.

Also, JL and I have both been married. Not that it makes us experts, but there's something different about the relative speed of a relationship I've noticed amongst the divorced/widowed crowd. Plus he raised a child as a stepfather for seven years, and I was a nanny for 13 years, which again, doesn't make us experts, but does give us an idea of what we'd be in for...and what we'd be giving up.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score

WOOHOO!!!!

BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!
BABY BLOND!

+1

LMAO. Me too, because it's at the top of the page and I missed the page before. I was like WH-A-AT??????!!!!!?????!!!!!

Don't ever scare me like that again!

However, now that I know the context, I'm on board. You kids talk it over, and keep us posted *starts knitting baby booties*... what?

+1 too. I popped in before starting to work the print edits into the ms and went, “holy shit!!! I miss one day, and Blond’s a mommy?”

So I had to read a bit.

Jo, yowza. I would knock my MIL on her ass for that. Sorry.

Now I must go get some of this done.

It looks like a hug kid of day around here. Hugs to all.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of babies, myself. Which is funny, considering how The Kid was an accident--the pill and condoms both, people!--and had the lab not kept screwing up my pregnancy test results until it was quite too late, I might well have aborted her once it was definitive she existed.

But once I had me a baby, everything changed. Everything. It turned out to be something I was really pretty good at, although not perfect, of course, and was the only job I've ever given everything I had. Kid Two was quite deliberate and equally delightful.

So while I fully respect the decisions of those who choose not to have kids, I'm very aware that those adamantly opposed can be 'turned.'

Maryn, still twirling

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Wow, you were a nanny for 13 years? Same kids the whole time?

Oh, hell no. Ha! I started as a 30 hour/week "babysitter" for a 3yo and 8yo when I was...12. Took on my first infant (there were three boys: 4, 19 months and 3 months) when I was 14. Nannied through junior high, high school, college and grad school from everything from infants upward.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
aww blondie!!!! this makes me so happy!

and caleb, really the older you get the
faster you put it on the table. i think
it's smart and necessary. yep.

we have a group signing at P0well's!
ma1inda and i are excited! i need to
email all the rad authors.

/bootay shake!

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, yikes! Good it's getting straightened out.

BABY BLOND! That's all I can say about that.

A certain person at a certain job has driven me to bourbon tonight. Thank the gods I have some sane, intelligent coworkers who I can bitch with.

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys

So Blondes preggers??? LOL ha ha

that's how far back I read. Just had to share that I'm querying again.

1 full request- sent saturday- today she asked what other projects I have. hmmm
Is this a good thing? or is it "I like your writing but not this project."

Congrats to Jo, it looks like your sold your book!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Beth! That's awesome -- good agents are interested in representing your career, so they want to know about other projects.

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. Nothing to report on the writerly front except that I have a tv interview coming out tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be the last one for a while. I don't particularly enjoy looking like a blabbing fool. In non-writerly news, we're picking up the new car we bought later. *happy dance* That is all, carry on. :)

Since I'm still in hunkered-down, hatches-battened, sandbags around myself mode, I deleted everything. I'm like Debbie Downer's more depressing sister right now, so...

(((Lily)))

My MIL hit my son. So hard his arm was red with her fingerprints.

Ugh. (((Jo)))

TO PLAY DEVIL'S DEVIL'S ADVOCATE!

Lela should've had a water spray bottle. Shoot him in the eyes. Stops those critters every time.

:roll:

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
{ink} happy drinking!

good luck beth - requests are good!

Status
Not open for further replies.