Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Irene Rose

Registered
Reaction score
This summer I didn't really run out of time for anything except procrastinating going back to school. :)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

Ok, so I'm way past overdue here, but it's been a busy few weeks.

Anyway, I realize Halloween is more or less a strictly an American holiday, but it's not the only time we play dress up, nor the only country.

So, with that in mind (and if none of the above applies to you, what would you be anyway?)

What's the best costume you ever wore?

Mine may well be this year. I'm going as Bunnicula.

Atarrin

Registered
Reaction score
What's the best costume you ever wore?

Mine may well be this year. I'm going as Bunnicula.

Custom Anakin Skywalker costume; complete with fake make-up scar. I even grew out my hair for 3 months.

reiver33

Monolithic
Registered
Reaction score
The last time I was in costume was a toga party, if that counts, in 1979. I drew the line at wearing it on the bus getting there, but as decadent Romans my girlfriend and I had on heavy makeup and some fake tan. That got you some strange looks in Dundee.

Swtlo

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I usually find excuses to not dress up and make my kids wear the super cutesy stuff. Last year I wore jeans and a flannel and said I was an undercover cop... that wasn't my brightest idea. :D was fun tho.

skunkthecat

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I went as Gandalf a few years back. I had the big grey beard and everything. It was epic! I won a box of chocolates, which wasn't bad going considering I spent a good portion of the day telling people who I was supposed to be...and the beard really itched, so yay compensation!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

Ok, little behind here, but bear with me, it's been a busy month.

So, that was the costume question, now for the important question:

If you were going trick or treating, what candy would you most want to see in your bag?

And what would you trade your siblings for? (In other words, what don't you like/can't you eat that you would give away?)

:D

I am incredibly fond of anything caramel, and discovered last year there is a brand new chocolate bar (well, reasonably new) that is mostly caramel. So that would be my favorite.

Sadly, I'd have to give away the little snack bags of popcorn, particularly the white cheddar kind. used to love it, but it gives me migraines faster than anything.

Laura C.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritersguide.wordpress.com
Mmmm....I'm with you about the caramel. Did you ever have Carmelo's? Those things are amazing. Of course, I'm up for anything that's chocolate, but my favorites are Almond Joys, Reeses, Seroogy's (although I've never been lucky enough to get one in my Halloween bucket...), and Dove. I'm also up for the apples that some health freaks set out; I like the change in pace.

Now, this is the sad part: I get sick of candy really fast, so I usually end up giving away most of the candy that I get. Sigh...

lyfstorm

Registered
Reaction score
Dark chocolate Snickers would be my absolute first choice. DC versions of Reeses and 3 Musketeers would be close seconds.
Aww, now I'm hungry.

The Voice

Registered
Reaction score
i will travel into space hopefully i will get some new characters for my book. lol

Sagitt1965

Patricia Lynndail
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patricialynndail.com
Due to unpopular demand I've decided to start a new thread in which, each week (yep, it used to be every day, but now every week, maybe 6 days, or 5, it'll depend :D ), I will ask a brand new super-dooper question of the day, I mean week, for our newbies and nearly newbies and not-so new newbies. It'll be a great way to get a few more posts under your belts and get used to posting in the forums.

The Current Super-Dooper Question of the Week is: What did you want to do this summer that you just ran out of time for?

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?
The Ocean, without a doubt, Hope its alright to post to this

Sagitt1965

Patricia Lynndail
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patricialynndail.com
Mounds! I have a thing for chocolate and coconut together. Mmm What are them things called thats covered in peanuts? I would trade that...even give it away lols

Kimber

Kimber Vale
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimbervale.com
Trying to figure out what the current question is... But I was once Marie Antoinette for Halloween, with a severed and sewn-back-on neck. I am usually a witch every year, because it is appropriate for me.:evil This year I was planning on a Clockwork Orange/Mad Hatter conglomerate of my own design just to mix it up and revel in the crazy.

I vote tootsie rolls, even if it makes me unpopular. I love those little filling-rippers.