I miss my NaNo progress graph... other options?

Morgan_R

they/them
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've never actually won NaNo, but I've definitely had the satisfaction of seeing my wordcount bars get taller and taller as the month went on. I'd love to have something similar for my current WIP. Any suggestions? I know there are the various bars people put in their sigs, but I think I'd prefer something that actually represents each day's total over a given span of time, the way the NaNo chart does.

Thanks in advance!

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
It's not a simple thing, actually. Those NaNo progress indicators used (I think) cgo or Javascript to point back to the data on the Nano site.

If you want something like that, you're going to need to host it somewhere.

I think a simple graph image might be fairly easy.

magickalfantasy

Registered
Reaction score
It's not really one that you can show off in your signature, but this graph here is not only a yearly tracker with different designs, but the first page shows you a graph that automatically updates as you add to it. It was created for 2012, and she also has one for 2011, but she doesn't have an updated one for 2013 or 2014, unfortunately. But I'm using the 2012 and it doesn't really make much of a difference, to be perfectly honest. The only reason you would need an one is if the chart has days (Sunday-Saturday) and this chart doesn't require them, so a new one for every year is pretty unnecessary.

Morgan_R

they/them
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, folks! I might just make my own Google docs spreadsheet & graph, if that seems to be the best answer.