Anyone camping in April?

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Yay, it's here! My outline is ready. I am primed to get home tonight and get cracking. The story starts with a wedding. ::throws confetti::

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I wrote some words after midnight last night. Were they on the book I was supposed to be working on? No. That's too logical

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have both rehearsal and an audition today, but if I'm reading my schedule right I should have about two free hours to stuff down some lunch and write some words. Hoping the Muse will conveniently strike in those two hours...

psyche24

Registered
Reaction score
I have signed up today. Not sure how its works but have been toying with the idea for ages.
I'm sorry if this a silly question but what do you do in a cabin?

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I was camping. I even have a good idea for it...

Still revising. Have fun campers!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be camping, but I'll be about here anyway. :D

I totally forgot it was April Fool's Day! xD The forum colors are pretty.

~Amber~

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Muse wasn't being terribly cooperative during the time I had available today. Only about 300 words.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got a $3500 scholarship through my honors program. Eep. I've never gotten a single scholarship this large... And I haven't had to pay a cent for my tuition... Wow...

Also, I got approved for an additional 50 hours of work this month for my job. I usually work like 20 a month.

AND I got a call from the person I interviewed with yesterday asking to discuss my interview... First of all, I'm in the library so I let it go to voicemail and she said to call her tomorrow. Second... What the fuck does "discussing my interview" even mean?! >.> I mean, it's obviously not a rejection, but uh...

AND THEN I got approved for $189 worth of food stamps each month just this morning. I recently learned that I can eat for two weeks on just $16 so that's a LOT of food money. Today was a very good financial day for me.

Also, I love my superheroes class. Goals for the month coming after I do my homework.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Goals for April:

*Keep on top of school work (I have far more responsibilities this term than ever)
*Read at least 3 non-school books (Every 100 pages of Atlas Shrugged counts as one book if I choose to go that direction >.>)
*Complete my last scholarship application (though others keep popping up everywhere...)
*Write at least 2.5k
*Complete 5 of my Day Zero goals
*Play video games

That should keep me sufficiently busy.

~Amber~

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to do it on a whim. I'd completely forgotten about Camp NaNo, so I didn't have much planned. I'm 4,000 words in so far, but we'll have to see how I do when I get to parts I don't have planned yet.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll replicate my 2 goals from last month.

1. Finish the month ahead of schedule with my reading for Uni.
2. Be on track with all homework.

I have 4 assignments due this month, so yes - need to get all of them done. Though 1 is due tomorrow and is already mostly-done.

(Oh, and yesterday was the 1st for me, so I should add that I read 130 pages for Uni yesterday. 90 of sociology, 40 of a novel.)

ETA: Turned my paper (due tomorrow) from notes into legitimate sentences, and added my own critical assessment of the reading. Thus the word count jumped from 591 to 784 - with a 700-word limit. Ack! I can go 10% higher than 700, so 770, but I'm still over that. Bugger! Need to add a quote still, though that will replace my own sentences and not add to it, and then I guess I'll have to edit out some words...

ETA2: Read 25-ish pages of the novel. Also just hunted down 3 more quotes that I might use in my paper. That last quote was a pain to find! Took probably 20 minutes of skimming the document for it, but I knew it was in there *somewhere*. I suppose next I need to decide which ones I'll include. I don't think I need that many quotes for this paper, as it's basically a reading summary - not an essay. But these quotes may be useful for my online test next week, too, which will need quotes to some extent.

ETA3: Added 1 more quote to the paper, and did proper referencing and formatting and such. Still need to edit out about 20-60 words to get in the "good" range for word count, but I can do that tomorrow. Unless I go back to reading the novel, I'm calling it a night right now.

Last edited:

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Did a comfortable 1.5k yesterday, but considering upping my game. Also considering switching projects, because I'm flaky like that and always get that urge.

Ugh.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Got a nice 1408 words yesterday. My goal is 35k for the month. Got a day off work tomorrow, so planning an extra session to give me a word count boost.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
Only up to 1278 this morning, but was down with a headache most of yesterday. Hopefully I'll catch up throughout the day at work, on breaks. I'll get to see if my two coworkers who were joining me actually have!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
My friend Chris is convinced there is a benevolent spirit lingering over my shoulder.

I got the job.

I got an interview for a summer job.

I had a fucking yellow jacket land on my chest and crawl around my back inside my two coats and my backpack. And I got it out. Without getting stung.

Lottery time... :tongue What the fuck is going on here?!

~Amber~

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I have 32 words today, haha.

I'm going to take a shower and get ready for bed, and then see if some late-night writing grabs me.

And tomorrow I have off and plan to write a ton.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
Sage- currently in the same boat. The past 2 days my mind could not concentrate on any writing whatsoever. But then late night writing tonight I got in like 1,330 words. Felt so good to get it all out.

Haven't been on the boards in a while! I tend to disappear and reappear randomly. Sorry! Stupid unexpected retail shifts. Anyways, my goal for camp this month is an attainable 15,000 words. I figured I'd give myself a reachable goal. At this rate, I think I will be okay- depending on how many days I actually write. I tend to write in splurges. Good luck everyone! See you all day 3 tomorrow. Happy writing. :)

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I finally have an idea! :hooray:

Now to scare off my inner editor so I can get some work done. I am behind, damn it. :guns: