Anyone camping in April?

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Okay so I had two days off... But I'm ill! ::coff coff coff:: and I needed an early night :sleepy: and I did some less brain-taxing busywork instead. :e2violin: (I know, I know. Tell it to the judge.)

I promise I'll get back to it tonight - and get that cat sorted out. :e2cat:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Had a headache for most of the day, but it's gone now. With that in mind, I just did my first editing pass on the essay, adding about 110 words. Hooray! It's now pretty close to the word count goal. :)

I'm sure I'll edit it a few more times before I submit it, but from this point on I think it'll mostly be for clarity, instead of content per se.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've just noted/read 3 more articles for my literature review. Granted, 2 of them were quite short, so it was only about 30 pages total... But that makes 5 out of 16 readings done. Woo!

I think I better work on editing my essay now.

ETA: Formatted the essay properly and added proper referencing, but that's all I could stomach at the time. I then read/noted another article for my literature review. Again, it was only a short one, 7 pages, but I'm now at 6 out of 16 read and noted on. Hooray!

I technically have time to do the next one (another short one) right now, but I think I'll call it a night. I think I'll watch an episode of a DVD, take the garbage out, and then it's time to go out for dinner.

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a little over 1,500 this morning. Gonna try to hit 2,000 if I have time later today, but I doubt it.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Broke 25k (target is 35k)! Somehow got to get 10k in the days that are left... it's going to be a mad rush to the finish, but I'll get there. :D

I've been really enjoying this challenge, because a long-stalled edit is finally, finally getting close to the finish.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Just under 2400 words to go. Should be fewer, but I had some proofs to do on a short story that had to go back to the publisher sharpish, so I had to do that last night. But tonight and tomorrow to go, so I'm confident.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Bravo, y'all!

I highly doubt that I'll be finishing. I'm at about 5,000 out of 30,000. It was a rough month in real life, so that hindered things a bit. I did start a new WIP that was kind of therapeutic, so that helped. But the bad thing is, well, it's a new WIP that I didn't need. I needed to finish my other WIPs. Oh, well. I do like this new WIP, so I'll keep trekking on it in the future. But I'm planning to take my sweet precious time with this one since it's not my usual writing style.

Good luck, everyone. May y'all pass that finish line swiftly.

Last edited:

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Gotta get around 1600 words tonight to hit my target. Last night was a bit lame, but I was dog tired for some reason. Need to be more caffeinated tonight. I think it's time for another sex scene. :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
These were my goals for April:

I'll replicate my 2 goals from last month.

1. Finish the month ahead of schedule with my reading for Uni.
2. Be on track with all homework.

I have 4 assignments due this month, so yes - need to get all of them done. Though 1 is due tomorrow and is already mostly-done.

And this is how I did:

1. I'm on track with my reading - not ahead. So phooey.

2. I submitted all 4 assignments on time or early, and I've even made decent progress on 2 more. So I'm actually ahead of schedule with this one.

So I basically reversed the importance of my 2 goals this month.

:)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Final progress report:

Goals for April:

*Keep on top of school work (I have far more responsibilities this term than ever) Yep, thankfully... I just got through two midterms today! I'm glad I don't have any left...
*Read at least 3 non-school books (Every 100 pages of Atlas Shrugged counts as one book if I choose to go that direction >.>) I got ONE... Which honestly was one more than I was expecting so... :tongue
*Complete my last scholarship application (though others keep popping up everywhere...) Check!
*Write at least 2.5k noooope
*Complete 5 of my Day Zero goals 2/5. better than 0/5.
*Play video games Don't think so. I should do this tonight. :tongue

I wasn't expecting to get through a lot of my goals this month. I've been so busy! It's a fun term, but it's hard.

I don't know if I mentioned that I asked for an extension on a paper the same week my rat died and I wrote it in seven hours... Solid A on it. :D I kind of pissed some people off for that... My friends in the class got a C+ and a D. :/ But I'm happy about my grade. And relieved. Mostly the second one.

~Amber~

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling a bit discouraged that I didn't get more written during Camp NaNo, but I should have known April would be busy. Although I didn't get anywhere near goal, I did get some written, which is better than none.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Made it! Pretty close to the wire, finishing around 10:45 pm last night. But I got there.

Now aiming at the same number of words in May to get close to the end of the book.

Rusty

Registered
Reaction score
Well done all! I didn't make my goal, but I wrote 26k in April, and yesterday (1 May) I wrote another 3k. If nothing else, I'm on my way to developing a good writing habit, so I'm pleased :)

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow I wish I had been active on this thread this month- you all seemed to have lots of fun in April! I feel bad because I "won", but I definitely set a lower goal for myself. My goal was 10,000 words, and I did 12,000 (nonfiction).

For me this was a good number, however, and forced me to do BIC and make similar goals for May. So, it was an accomplishment for me.

But, I am in awe by the numbers others have. I cannot even imagine 30,000- 50,000 in one month- wow! Someday I will do a novel in November and see what that is like-- I have an idea for a novel that has insisted on staying with me --but not for now.

For now I need to focus on nonfiction. And I am humbled to get to experience even a small part of Nano, by interacting with my cabin campers and by working on my goals.

Now if only I could make myself do even more for May! :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Great job, everyone!

I only ended up with about 5k, but oh well. Life gets in the way sometimes, just gotta work with that you have. Onward and upward... or whatever that saying is. :p