MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, K. :)

Finished the speech (I hope...) and the write-up for my science project. Now all I have to do today is finish three two statistics assignments, write two essays for Spanish, take one quiz for Spanish, write ten short essays for English, write a book report and do my final edit of my PowerPoint for my senior project.

~Amber~

Last edited:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
congrats on the finishment of projects, Amber! You got a lot of tongs in the fire, there!

I'm editing away. I think I'll finish the first pass of edits on this today. I think I'll jump right back into another pass when I'm done. Trying to smooth out some of the inconsistencies in the world building.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
10 short essays (plus all that other stuff) in 1 day? Sheesh Vamp! That's a LOT of work!

On my end, I leave for Uni in a little under 2 hours, and am expecting to get an essay grade back. Eep!

Just finished a Red Bull. Time for a coffee. :tongue Need to be awake.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I know. :tongue I'm prioritizing... I've made a dent in my work, at least.

And now I need a break before my head explodes from writing non-fiction English... >.> Not my strong point...

~Amber~

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Worked a fan fiction myself yesterday. It was a nice break from writing original fiction. Right now, debating whether or not to write more fan fiction or just original fiction I post online. I really need to practice writing Urban Fantasy, and the fandom I'm currently writing for doesn't allow for that(and I don't want to write AU).

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I edited 16k today

Made lots of inroads... but I ran out of steam with 8-10k left to go. I'll easily get it done in the next couple of days. Then start over again with another editing pass. I know where I need to fix some stuff. Lots of worldly inconsistencies.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Worked a fan fiction myself yesterday. It was a nice break from writing original fiction. Right now, debating whether or not to write more fan fiction or just original fiction I post online. I really need to practice writing Urban Fantasy, and the fandom I'm currently writing for doesn't allow for that(and I don't want to write AU).

What fandom, (or fandoms), do you write for? Almost all of the fandoms I'm involved in fall under urban fantasy. :)

I haven't done any writing recently. I went on vacation to Banff, AB for about a week. I got home Saturday actually. The hubby and I had fun, and Banff is beautiful. Now I just need to get back to work.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
What fandom, (or fandoms), do you write for? Almost all of the fandoms I'm involved in fall under urban fantasy. :)

Not that many actually. Do you have any suggestions?

I watch True Blood, but I don't know if I really want to write for that. I mean if worse come to worse, I could always do original fic. I just want to get some practice in.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did not get my essay back today. *sigh*

Apparently it's been graded, but is under review. (Not just mine - all the stuff that teacher marked.)

So I have another week of uncertainty to wait through.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Not that many actually. Do you have any suggestions?

I watch True Blood, but I don't know if I really want to write for that. I mean if worse come to worse, I could always do original fic. I just want to get some practice in.

Buffy and Angel are a good place to start since both series are finished, but the fandoms are still active.

Grimm and Once Upon a Time are good too since they only have one season so far. It would be easy to catch up on those.

Supernatural is good, though it will be finishing its seventh season next Friday so it might take you a while to catch up if you get into it. Don't get me wrong though, I think it's worth the effort since I adore that show. :D

Lost Girl is also pretty good. It just started airing season one on SyFy.

My husband loves the UK Being Human, and my brother-in-law loves Sanctuary.

If you need any fan fic community recs, (aside from FanFic.Net), I can try and point you in the right direction. Just drop me a PM. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of Buffy... Has anyone seen the new Season 8? It's supposed to be a motion comic, 19 episodes or something like that.

It just appeared in stores down here recently, not been on TV as far as I know. Did Joss Whedon have any part in this? If anyone's seen it, is it any good?

Or is it maybe like the 6th Hitch-Hiker's Guide book, NOT written by Douglas Adams and sounding like someone impersonating him (which is true, but detracted from the enjoyment) ?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
BTVS, Angel, Supernatural, and Grimm are my fandoms also.

"Season" 8 and 9 are comic books. Don't touch them with a ten foot pole. It's worse than crack!fic fanfic. Especially don't spend money on them.

Welcome back, TNK. Banff is pretty. I haz envy. Are you still working on any fic?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Buffy and Angel are a good place to start since both series are finished, but the fandoms are still active.

Grimm and Once Upon a Time are good too since they only have one season so far. It would be easy to catch up on those.

Supernatural is good, though it will be finishing its seventh season next Friday so it might take you a while to catch up if you get into it. Don't get me wrong though, I think it's worth the effort since I adore that show. :D

Lost Girl is also pretty good. It just started airing season one on SyFy.

My husband loves the UK Being Human, and my brother-in-law loves Sanctuary.

If you need any fan fic community recs, (aside from FanFic.Net), I can try and point you in the right direction. Just drop me a PM. :)

Thanks. :D

I tend to watch US Being Human. I haven't seen Lost Girl yet, but I heard it was good.

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com

I tend to watch US Being Human. I haven't seen Lost Girl yet, but I heard it was good.
Yes, Lost Girl is very good. Can't wait for them to air the second season.

Well, so far I'm enjoying my day off from work. Plus for the time being I'm working on fanfiction. Trying to hold off on original fiction until Camp Nano.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, TNK. Banff is pretty. I haz envy. Are you still working on any fic?

It's very nice and not too expensive if you do a bit of research first. And unlike Jasper, AB it doesn't roll up the sidewalks at 6:00 p.m. :D

I've got one fic I'm working on for Supernatural. It's for the Dean/Cas bigbang. I signed up for their mini bang so I only have to write 10k words. :D

TNK

Registered
Reaction score

Lost Girl is awesome. It finished airing season two here at the beginning of April, so now I have to wait until fall for season three. :cry:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't really do any writing today. I plan to read some more of the book I checked out though. I'm trying to hold off writing original fiction, but I don't know how well that's going so far. Haha. I know I should probably be working on some of my edits (I still have like 3 more chapters to edit), but I don't want to get burnt out again. I'm going to try and hold off finishing my rewrite. Note I said try. Haha.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So naturally I played guitar instead. :tongue

It's amazing how big a difference there is when you actually fiddle with your pedal settings! It went from an amorphous blam to something remotely resembling what a guitar is supposed to sound like!

I still want to get better equipment, which may or may not improve the sounds I make... But it's too expensive. I'll stick with the cheap things for now.