Brief Hiccup in Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKia

My inner voice has terrible grammar
Registered
Reaction score
At least there was a reason I suddenly found the forum inaccessible! I thought it was my internet connection -- it was running super slow last night.
Two info posts I've seen this morning were posted around 3 hours after I found couldn't get on here :D
That's one way of making sure I go to bed at a sensible hour!

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Currently I'm finding that the site doesn't come up if I type in the usual "absolutewrite" URL (or click on my Favorites link), but does with the numerical address (184.168.82.237/forums).

JustKia

My inner voice has terrible grammar
Registered
Reaction score
Currently I'm finding that the site doesn't come up if I type in the usual "absolutewrite" URL (or click on my Favorites link), but does with the numerical address (184.168.82.237/forums).

Sounds like you have a cached version. Try clearing your cache (lots of ways to do it depending on what you are using to access the forum).

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Same problem here. I've emptied both cache and history in Safari, restarted Safari and restarted my MacBook and no joy. According to "Is Everybody Down or Just Me", the site is up, but I can only access it via the .net domain. *bows gratefully in the general direction of Mac & Co. for having the mirror in place*

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Dammit I'm able to link to everything without any problems, as usual, not that this helps anyone else!

If you're still having problems, as JustKia suggested above you might try clearing your browser cache, there's a FAQ for this if you need step-by-step instructions:

FAQ: Emptying Your Browser's Cache, History, and Deleting Cookies

-Derek

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Gawd, last time I cleared my cache it logged me out of all my sites and it took me ages to remember all the passwords. Right. Here goes.

*wanders off grumbling* :tongue

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Dammit I'm able to link to everything without any problems, as usual, not that this helps anyone else!

If you're still having problems, as JustKia suggested above you might try clearing your browser cache, there's a FAQ for this if you need step-by-step instructions:[/URL]

-Derek

Nope. Nothing. :/

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead and use absolutewrite.net.

It's going to be a bit longer I'm afraid.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Can you guys try a different browser? The dotcom version is working fine for me here in Firefox (default brower), but I experimentally tried Safari and Chrome and both give me 502 errors.

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
I've tried everything, including a rather severe Safari reset and no nada. I can get to a pretty crappy representation of the the AW main page by using the IP address, but if I attempt to click any of the links and it switches to a named page, ("www.absolutewrite.com/whathaveyouhere"), I get a "Safari can't find the server" splash page.

I can't access it via my iPad or my Linux box running Ubuntu (Firefox browser), either. Both of which I also cleared cache, yadda-yadda.

ETA: Just tried Google Chrome on my Mac and bupkis.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried everything, including a rather severe Safari reset and no nada. I can get to a pretty crappy representation of the the AW main page by using the IP address, but if I attempt to click any of the links and it switches to a named page, ("www.absolutewrite.com/whathaveyouhere"), I get a "Safari can't find the server" splash page.

I can't access it via my iPad or my Linux box running Ubuntu (Firefox browser), either. Both of which I also cleared cache, yadda-yadda.

ETA: Just tried Google Chrome on my Mac and bupkis.

You should be fine using absolutewrite.net/forums

The main site will take a bit longer.

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Can you guys try a different browser? The dotcom version is working fine for me here in Firefox (default brower), but I experimentally tried Safari and Chrome and both give me 502 errors.

IE10 here, am using .net and the adds, etc., don't come up. If I click on a link in a thread I get a 502 error message.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
IE10 here, am using .net and the adds, etc., don't come up. If I click on a link in a thread I get a 502 error message.

The ads will take a bit more work on my part, but I can't do anything about them yet.

There's nothing to do but wait it out for a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.