The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
"Yeah, that's our standard topping. You want somethin' else? If it's a problem, I'll get Mr. Corleone out here."

Hey, what do do with a twelve-month-old who hit a temperature of 104.2F last night? We gave her kiddie's Tylenol (grape flavored), called her doctor's service, up at 1:00a.m., 2:00a.m., 4:00a.m., and 7:00a.m. taking temperature readings, giving more Tylenol, soothing her, etc. Temperature came down fine, </= 100F (<38C) by 1:00 so no emergency. Diapers are very wet - no problem with water retention or kidney function. Head full of snot, like her Daddy, for the past week or so.

So, this is about as bad as it gets, right? Everything's easier from here on out until she goes off to college, right? Right? Right?
There, there, Joe.

There, there.

Take consolation in the fact that by the time she starts becoming menopausal, you probably won't be in a position to pay it much attention.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There, there, Joe.

There, there.

Take consolation in the fact that by the time she starts becoming menopausal, you probably won't be in a position to pay it much attention.
Hell, I might be in no position to pay much attention when she becomes a PMS-ing teenage girl.

atoelch

Registered
Reaction score
I remember

I remember when gas was 10 cents a gallon, in San Diego, no less. I remember milk trucks, bread trucks, black and white TV, original broadcasts of 'I Love Lucy' and 'The Honeymooners'.

I remember the lyrics to some television show theme songs but I can't remember the names of my best friends.

I can't remember why I went to that room.

Does that make me old enough?

(Writer looks at his driver's license)
DavidJ

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when gas was 10 cents a gallon, in San Diego, no less. I remember milk trucks, bread trucks, black and white TV, original broadcasts of 'I Love Lucy' and 'The Honeymooners'.

I remember the lyrics to some television show theme songs but I can't remember the names of my best friends.

I can't remember why I went to that room.

Does that make me old enough?

(Writer looks at his driver's license)
DavidJ
Park your walker right over here, son. :D Welcome to the Home. :welcome:

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE...

The anthology containing my two short stories, announced for Kindle version three weeks ago, has finally been released in print version also, on 10/13. Here's the link: https://www.createspace.com/4002052. It feels kinda good to have something published besides a column in a local newspaper or political cartoons. I might stick with this writing thang.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders into thread, pulls up a chair, sit down and waits for something interesting to happen*

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
*sighs loudly*

*drums fingers impatiently on arm of chair*

*whistles softly*

*sighs loudly*

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
*rereads title of thread*

*gets up, replaces chair in original position*

*leaves thread while mumbling to herself*

"Ol' farts thread, 'ell ain't nuthing interesting gonna happen in here...its after 10 pm!"

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JB congrats! I bought the Kindle version. Now I will have to get the print one as well.
Thanks, SR. You rock! You certainly do based on the music you listen to anyway.
Not really. I just want you to sell something so you have enough money to buy the booze next week.
Again?

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*rereads title of thread*

*gets up, replaces chair in original position*

*leaves thread while mumbling to herself*

"Ol' farts thread, 'ell ain't nuthing interesting gonna happen in here...its after 10 pm!"
It's after 11:00pm that you'll notice old farts sneaking into other rooms for the night ... or at least for 10 minutes.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it young people always think us old folks go to bed early and sleep what life we have left away. Sleep less now that when I was a young'n.

Shawn off to watch DVR Standing Bear.

RemiJ

Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE...

The anthology containing my two short stories, announced for Kindle version three weeks ago, has finally been released in print version also, on 10/13. Here's the link: https://www.createspace.com/4002052. It feels kinda good to have something published besides a column in a local newspaper or political cartoons. I might stick with this writing thang.

Good Morning and congratulations! I bought it for my Kindle. You're book is #3 on my backlog of books to read. That's the one flaw of this board. I'm going broke buying books. Not to break your anonymity, but a code word to detect your story would be great, or I could guess and we could make a game of it.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning and congratulations! I bought it for my Kindle. You're book is #3 on my backlog of books to read. That's the one flaw of this board. I'm going broke buying books. Not to break your anonymity, but a code word to detect your story would be great, or I could guess and we could make a game of it.
Thanks, Remi. Titles for both stories are in my sigline.

Status
Not open for further replies.