The Secret Gov Rulebook for Labeling you a Terrorist

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Obama administration has quietly approved a substantial expansion of the terrorist watchlist system, authorizing a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist, according to a key government document obtained by The Intercept.

The “March 2013 Watchlisting Guidance,” a 166-page document issued last year by the National Counterterrorism Center, spells out the government’s secret rules for putting individuals on its main terrorist database, as well as the no fly list and the selectee list, which triggers enhanced screening at airports and border crossings. The new guidelines allow individuals to be designated as representatives of terror organizations without any evidence they are actually connected to such organizations, and it gives a single White House official the unilateral authority to place “entire categories” of people the government is tracking onto the no fly and selectee lists. It broadens the authority of government officials to “nominate” people to the watchlists based on what is vaguely described as “fragmentary information.”

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/article/2014/07/23/blacklisted/

Remember back when we had at least lip service to due process? Before this Minority Report shit? Yeah, me too.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/article/2014/07/23/blacklisted/

Remember back when we had at least lip service to due process? Before this Minority Report shit? Yeah, me too.
I remember a whole shitload of stuff they don't teach in the Government Indoctrination Centers these days, but once the Adjustment Bureau gets done with us and the history books are reissued, that problem will be solved.

I'm no longer convinced the Enlightenment will triumph in the long run. It's had a nice run, I suppose, but given the choice between absolute power over their fellow man hiding behind a false blanket of cradle-to-grave security and a thriving, productive society based on the free exchange of ideas (and goods), it's apparent the rulers prefer the former over the latter, and the general populace seems to be headed that way as well. Saddest of all, some see the return of Feudalism as progressive.

0705c828-a783-47bb-bc68-7d67d692e91a_zps387ee364.png

Last edited:

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in Saudi Arabia and my great-grandparents immigrated from Lebanon (then Syria; also my passport used to be full of Saudi entry/exit visas). Every time I make through TSA without extra screening I feel like doing a dance.