The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Meh. Slowly and jam packed at the same time. Can't sit up more than an hour, but I have a magazine behind schedule that comes out in six days.

Well, it was behind schedule. Not now.

*grin*

Yeah. I'm headed back to bed.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Celina! GO BACK TO BED!

Psst, you guys, guess what? In less than two weeks, I'll be an ex-attorney. Yep, major job change (same general subject matter, but different work and much less responsibility/stress). I did this to make more room for writing. I hope it all works out. :chews nails:

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It will work out, Bub, because you are an awesome author, a smart and vibrant woman, and you have amazing stories to tell--plus, you have the drive to make it happen. So congratulations to you, and I am sure you will totally kick ass.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
It will work out, Bub, because you are an awesome author, a smart and vibrant woman, and you have amazing stories to tell--plus, you have the drive to make it happen. So congratulations to you, and I am sure you will totally kick ass.

:sniff: Thanks so much, Cel!! :Hug2:

<--- iz jelose looser

:Hug2: If it'll make you feel better, I still get to read lovely prose like "said holdout rings being resiliently biased radially outwardly into frictional engagement with the associated clutch member, such that when the clutch member associated with an overrunning output shaft is longitudinally displaced toward the disengaged position, subsequent relative rotational movement of said clutch member causes the associated holdout ring to be rotationally dragged toward said lock-out position." I just don't have to give legal advice about it anymore or do it for more than 40 hours a week (yesssssss!!!).

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: If it'll make you feel better, I still get to read lovely prose like "said holdout rings being resiliently biased radially outwardly into frictional engagement with the associated clutch member, such that when the clutch member associated with an overrunning output shaft is longitudinally displaced toward the disengaged position, subsequent relative rotational movement of said clutch member causes the associated holdout ring to be rotationally dragged toward said lock-out position." I just don't have to give legal advice about it anymore or do it for more than 40 hours a week (yesssssss!!!).
*ports post to Erotica Forum*

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*ports post to Erotica Forum*

Haggis, that is totally not erotica. That's steampunk.

"said holdout rings being resiliently biased radially outwardly into frictional engagement with the associated clutch member, such that when the clutch member associated with an overrunning output shaft is longitudinally displaced toward the disengaged position, subsequent relative rotational movement of said clutch member causes the associated holdout ring to be rotationally dragged toward said lock-out position, baby."
There. Now it's tewtally erotica. Especially when you imagine it being read by Sarah Bellum from The Powerpuff Girls.

No, I just become a jelose looser whenever I hear about somebody I know successfully carving out extra writing time, especially now. I can honestly say "the day job is oppressing me" without being metaphorical when I do.

Last edited:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*zombie-shuffles in*

Hi, Fangsters! I iz collidge stoodent back in school again! Now that I'm officially an accounting major, I'm going to be taking pretty much all business classes all the time for the next three years (I have to stay for a fifth year to have enough credits to take the CPA exam). I started classes last Wednesday. Luckily I get Fridays off for the rest of my college career (barring a Surprise! class that decides to meet on Fridays even though most of the business classes purposely don't meet on Fridays).

I R still have no brainz. Even the summer break didn't give me much braaaaaiiinzzz back.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Celina! GO BACK TO BED!
Psst, you guys, guess what? In less than two weeks, I'll be an ex-attorney. Yep, major job change (same general subject matter, but different work and much less responsibility/stress). I did this to make more room for writing. I hope it all works out. :chews nails:

Miss M, what she said.

Bub, what she said.

Miss M again: Once you're feeling up for more water therapy, don't you DARE try to clean that pool missy, or even atempt to dust.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
The pool's closed for the year. We got down to 34 degrees last night.

Tonight I am playing with my new toy--a wifi hotspot! We've been threatening to do this and at the moment, I'm pretty pleased with the speed of it. We'll see if this turns out to be a better option than cable/satellite plans.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten another glimmer of hope/flash of inspiration on the WIP so if I can get over the fact I have to use 2% instead of half 'n' half for my coffee this weekend, I might have something going.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray! :sarcasm Three hours to download diagnostics software and about four to defrag my hard drive. Up next: eating fiberglass insulation to top that excitement.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My plans obviously include procrastinating from finishing my 50k in 30 days... I need 8k more words and my attention span is "ooh look, AW!"

Still stuck on chapter 14 of my WIP. Just can't seem to get out of the rut yet.

Otherwise, some apartment hunting today. Nothing too exciting.