Help looking for agent or publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

surenfant

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My name is Suren Fant. I'm new here. I'm a writer as everyone here, (as I can see).
I need a little help. I'm from Armenia and it's too hard to find an agent or a publisher via email or internet. Please, lead me where I should contact?
I write fantasy and horror.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
(split from an agency thread in BR&BC)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Suren!

Unfortunately, no one here can tell you who would be the best agent or publisher for your work. It's all too individual!

What might work would be for you to pick out the novels you've read that are similar in style and story type to your own. The book will have the publisher name on it -- try those publishers. The books will also often have at the front the author's acknowledgements, and authors usually say "thanks to my wonderful agent, Ms Name!" so you can find out who their agent is that way. Try those agents.

Also, you can browse Absolute Write and see what people have to say about various agents and publishers in the Bewares, Background Check, and Recommendations section.

And, of course, be aware that it's very, very competitive. Most commercial publishers and agents have to say "No" to a thousand submissions for every one they say "Yes" to. So don't get discouraged! It often takes five or ten years for a writer to get skilled (and lucky) enough to break in.

Status
Not open for further replies.