"Old" People Writing for Teens V

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote and wrote and wrote in September and at the beginning of this month, but I think I "wrote myself out". I have total story-plot-blank now. -chuckle-

Hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours to NaNoWriMo! (here, at least)

VeryFairy

I'm not a fairy.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween :e2bouncey I don't have a costume.

Oh no, I have to go into work today (stupid me for volunteering) so I might not get my thingy typed up before nano......:e2paperba
I weep. Maybe I'll stay up all night.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I threw on a witch hat from a few years ago. In fact, I think I'm even wearing the same top to go with it ;)

I failed at revising my short story before NaNo. I have too much to do today to likely get it done before midnight. Oh well.

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
Happy Halloween! The scariest thing to me today is that I'm about ready to return to the QLH mines. I feel faint. Maybe I'll put it off another day month year forever?

VeryFairy

I'm not a fairy.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a costume.
I took a Hello I am tag and wrote "a well disguised witch" no one can deny it ;)

Lenore you can do it!!

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby is an engineer. He keeps saying I need to become the next JKR so he can quit and golf all day. I keep telling him he needs to climb the corporate ladder so I can quit and write all day. I think the latter is more possible, haha.

I think your hubby and my hubby should get together! My hubby has joked for years about quitting his job to play golf and be a professional fantasy football commish when I pub a book and get millions. (Funny, he's an engineer too.)

JT, that R sounds personalized to me. At least it's positive, right! Send out a REVENGE QUERY! They're the best.

Becca, I had the same issues with Pages when I tried it on my iPad. I still use the iPad sometimes for drafting, but you're right that the formatting doesn't translate exactly. Drove me BONKERS.

Happy Halloween! And a very merry NaNo start to you all!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween folks! Happy Pre/Nano as well!

I've got to work stupid early tomorrow, so no costumes or parties here. We often kick off our region tonight, but since it's a Friday, people had too many plans. Oh well, tomorrow!

I'm going to do my best to stumble to my keyboard for midnight (sleep before and after) but 3a is a pretty rough wake up.

I've written almost nothing all month. It was weird but kind of cool. I'm rarely away that long. New laptop is mostly set up. I need to decide if I can get Scrivener on now, or wait until after nano to do it. New (still unnamed!) lappy doesn't have a dvorak set up. I think I'd cry if I had to write a month without it.

Para- I'm not sure the nano novel has that many words in it, but you know I'm up for a race :tongue bring it.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I think your hubby and my hubby should get together! My hubby has joked for years about quitting his job to play golf and be a professional fantasy football commish when I pub a book and get millions. (Funny, he's an engineer too.)

JT, that R sounds personalized to me. At least it's positive, right! Send out a REVENGE QUERY! They're the best.

Becca, I had the same issues with Pages when I tried it on my iPad. I still use the iPad sometimes for drafting, but you're right that the formatting doesn't translate exactly. Drove me BONKERS.

Happy Halloween! And a very merry NaNo start to you all!

Haha. Here's to over-dreaming Hubby's, wampus!!

I also second the Happy Halloween and good luck Nano'ing!!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to send you crying to your mummy. :tongue

Mummy?*

If I guess right, the Nano novel is ~65k. I want all of it this month.

Also, if I get stuck, the GF is totally revealing she's a witch, and part of a Heathers-style coven in Regency England. It's nano after all.

*Doctor Who alert

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
A coworker's son watched that ep of DW and only that ep. It gave him nightmares. My CW won't let him watch DW anymore, even after I promised that there's only like 3 actually scary eps in the whole series.

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
Erm...Hi, everyone. I used to be a frequenter of this board about a year and a half ago and then life got kind of crazy and some things fell by the wayside. Suddenly my writing is taking top priority in my life again, so here I am!

How is everyone?

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Sage!

I just got a relatively easy R&R request from an agent who otherwise raved about my book, so I'm brimming with enthusiasm right now.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. The creator of this thread made it for me :D

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back RRK. Happy Halloween, everyone.

I've just created a fictional lesbian bar in NYC called "Open Closet." I freaking love this name. :cool:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm totally blanking on renaming my cyborg character, DL (for a short, not the EDEN-verse novels). He needs to be obviously male, but I want to retain the cyborgness/detachment of his name.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
No, I only know what grace's suggestion was :tongue

I got Deklan and Dylan from Facebook suggestions, and I think I'm going to go with one of them. The K or Y say sci-fi to me, idk.

ETA: Or I could lose the D altogether and go back to my favorite source of inspiration--music--and name him Kilroy (From "Mr. Roboto")

Last edited:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my suggestion was Grace's suggestion. I went back in time and told her to do it.

Me, I'm doing some pre-planning for my future books! Do you think it would be mean to have characters inspired by Firefly, and then kill all of them? STARTING WITH WASH!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Not sure how many of you remember me, but I was pretty active about a year and a half ago. I've been taking a bit of a break since then, since in about the span of two weeks I figured out my novel wasn't where I needed to be, which was a big blow...and that I was pregnant.

I'm now the proud mother of a beautiful 7 month old baby girl. This week she just started sleeping through the night, so I figured in honour of NaNoWrimo I would dust myself off and jump back in.

How's everyone been?

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
No, I only know what grace's suggestion was :tongue

I got Deklan and Dylan from Facebook suggestions, and I think I'm going to go with one of them. The K or Y say sci-fi to me, idk.

ETA: Or I could lose the D altogether and go back to my favorite source of inspiration--music--and name him Kilroy (From "Mr. Roboto")

I like Kilroy more than Deklan or Dylan.