Last Game you have played...

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
Last game I played was Saints Row IV. Story is terrible and the graphics are horrific, but everything else is pretty fun. I've been meaning to pick it back up and finish, but I've been busy with other stuff; plus, South Park: The Stick of Truth has recently been released and I plan on getting that soon. If certain scenes of that game have been banned outside the U.S., even in Europe which I've heard oft to be more open-minded than the U.S., that's a game I definitely want to play–besides being a big fan of the show. Controversy can be fun sometimes.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Bought Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening for about $10 total, and I've been playing them obsessively for a couple of weeks.

I have Dragon Age II, but I haven't cracked it open yet. I'm still exploring alternatives in the first game.

Pensive

Registered
Reaction score
Child Of Light. The new atmospheric game by Ubisoft.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at Child of Light - I'm mid-Tomb Raider, (it's really better than I thought! which does sound like damning with faint praise) but I was considering Child of Light for next.

How do you like it? I'm mostly taken by how pretty it is.

AustinT

Just keep on writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Mirror's Edge. I was late to the game, I know, but it was fun -- pretty unique.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
The spouse and I built ourselves in Fallout 3. Like gave ourselves honest SPECIAL stats and perks and skills and everything. (Hooray agility of 3!)

We're very lucky we live a soft life. Because in-game we die often and hilariously.

DoodleSnickers

Registered
Reaction score
Transistor, by Supergiant (guys who made Bastion). An extremely sci-fi game with a helping spoonfull of noir and an ending that really stuck with me. I really liked it, possibly better than Bastion itself.

Last edited:

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I have always played MMORPG's for the past 12 years. I quit World of Warcraft, and now play Rift, Diablo 3, Starcraft, Guild Wars 2, and Star Wars Online. I literally played all of these today before going to work.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I've been hearing nothing but raves for Transistor. It's on my list to checkout.

I'm doing a bit of throwback gaming. Just came into a PS3, so I'm playing Bioshock (original recipe) and Uncharted 3. Shadow of the Colossus is on deck for after.

I've almost given up on Tomb Raider (PS4) all together. I like it more than I thought I would, but I'm so over the gore/dying cutscenes/general misery.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing DAS WOLFENSTEIN!

I'm...really surprised by how dang good it is - especially from the storytelling and plot standpoint.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Think I'll try that one, Zoombie. I'm running an MSI Military Class 4 H87-G43 Motherboard with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, with 8Gig RAM, an i5 processor and a Raedon R9 280X graphics card. That should cope, yes?

I've been playing DAS WOLFENSTEIN!

I'm...really surprised by how dang good it is - especially from the storytelling and plot standpoint.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I tried to run it for the first time I got a dreaded white screen and zippo. Updated the AMD driver and bingo- I'm up and running to fix the fuel leak in the bomber. Cheers.

I...have no idea, honestly. I know my Alienware does pretty good with it!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
When I tried to run it for the first time I got a dreaded white screen and zippo. Updated the AMD driver and bingo- I'm up and running to fix the fuel leak in the bomber. Cheers.

Hurrah!

Speaking of things with easy fixes, I've been playing jade Empire. I figured out the problem with the game: It ships with an FPS choke that makes it run at 20 FPS.

I turned that off.

Now it runs at 2000 :3

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've been pulling out some older games recently. About ten years ago, I got Final Fantasy V for the Game Boy Advance, but I never really played it. Now I'm playing it and enjoying it quite a bit. It has a very involved class system, and it's fun making my characters good at everything.

At least I have Game Boy Player for the Gamecube (which thankfully still works), so I can play it on the TV instead of the tiny Game Boy Advance screen.

I really need to get my hands on more Final Fantasy games.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I really need to get my hands on more Final Fantasy games.

If you want to stay old school, IV and VI (both of which are arguably my favorite games of all time). VII through X all have something to recommend them (with VII being a must play), but idk if you have a PS2. XII and XIII are, IMO, acquired tastes since they diverge from the FF formula.

And then there's Kingdom Hearts (and the bazillions of handheld titles that are somehow canon) if you want FF meets Disney with the most convoluted lore ever.

JetH7

Chocolate Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. (Dang that's a mouthful.) I've not spent much time with the fighting game genre, but I can see myself putting way too many hours into this game. xD

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How to Train Your Dragon 2. I suck at the mini-games, but just flying around is very relaxing. Sometimes you just need a little brain candy.

I'm still playing through Thief. It takes me MONTHS to get through a game the first time.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
If you want to stay old school, IV and VI (both of which are arguably my favorite games of all time). VII through X all have something to recommend them (with VII being a must play), but idk if you have a PS2. XII and XIII are, IMO, acquired tastes since they diverge from the FF formula.

And then there's Kingdom Hearts (and the bazillions of handheld titles that are somehow canon) if you want FF meets Disney with the most convoluted lore ever.

I'm also gonna have to give a cautious recommend to Final Fantasy III, especially if the job class system is what you're digging most in V; it was initially developed in III. And if my opinion counts for anything, while the MCs are blanks, I think III has some of the most distinctive world-building and coolest history in the series, and it has the most underrated FF villain in Xande, who I love to bits and then I love the bits to bits.

So why's it a cautious rec?

Because it'll smack a gamer down harder than a Mack truck, that's why. FFIII is, bar none, the absolute most painfully astonishingly groin-shottingly hard game in the series. Power-levelling, nothing; III forces you through entire dungeons with status ailments, has more than one battle that can be rendered unwinnable without a very specific job combination, and most infamously, the final dungeon is actually the final three dungeons in which the random encounters are bosses, the bosses are nightmares, and you can't ever save.

So, what am I playing right now?

...uh, Final Fantasy III. I just defeated the Djinn. I'll put up with any amount of game rage to hang out with Xande.

Last edited:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
^ All of that is why I didn't recommend it. Only FF game I haven't freaking beat. Though, rwm4678, if you become a huge junkie of the franchise, it's worth playing for all those reasons.

*cough*BackOnTopicKate*cough* The weather has been unbearable, so I've popped in Skyrim just to see snow. Don't know if it actually works, but it's nice to just wander a bit with my maxed out Bosmer archer in a place that isn't hot and humid.