• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ParaDon Books Publishing / Amazon Book Clubs

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone clarify what is the minimum educational level required to post in this thread?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I've got an MA. With DISTINCTION. Am I overqualified? Or will I be allowed in if I try really hard to ignore it?

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I thought I was precious. :(

Now I have to go off and question my preciousness.

Oh, but you are! Question not!

You're just precious with 0% of the implied sarcasm in my earlier post.

(Snottiness is such a delicate art when I don't use the quote function, and fail to sprinkle in the appropriate emoticons.)

:e2flowers

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I've got an MA. With DISTINCTION. Am I overqualified? Or will I be allowed in if I try really hard to ignore it?
You're the top half of the bell curve covering for those of us still working on our undergrad (in engineering, not english, but the first three letters are the same, so I'm counting it).

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I think we'd have to apply a handicap, Old Hack. You have to type with one hand tied behind your back and must use the word "chagrin" at least once in every post.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
You're the top half of the bell curve covering for those of us still working on our undergrad (in engineering, not english, but the first three letters are the same, so I'm counting it).

Hee, I'm in your club. I haz no English degrees. I barely took any English classes. I r underedumacated for dis thread.

Deleted member 42

Can someone clarify what is the minimum educational level required to post in this thread?

I dunno; my official I.Q. is 42, so . . .

And honestly, if I were all that smart, why would I need so much schooling, hmm?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have an English degree either. But I am English so I don't need one to be a grammar pedant :D

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Much to my chagrin, I often have to type with just one hand because I'm too busy lifting my glass with the other.

[How was that?]

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

I'm going to sit and stare jealously for a moment. :tongue Going nuts waiting for my masters results to drop through the letterbox.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Much to my chagrin, I often have to type with just one hand because I'm too busy lifting my glass with the other.

[How was that?]
Well, it's better than other possible reasons to be typing one handed on the internets.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

According to post #51, we must all be married, female English professors who eschew the use of caps. Everybody else, out of the pool!

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
According to post #51, we must all be married, female English professors who eschew the use of caps. Everybody else, out of the pool!

Can we sit on the pool edge and dangle our toes in the water?

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Sorry, I only have my AA in English. Course, I have just started my Master of English candidacy.

I'm guessing spending the last twelve years as a Technical Writer doesn't really stand out among this august crowd. I'll just sit in the corner over here and stare at my print on demand, self-published books.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
^ But you neglected to finish the above sentence with the required punctuation.

A whap of the Official Evil Nun Ruler to your knuckles!
Hey! I punctuated with a smile. :D

[How was that?]
That's a 9.5 from me!

But it's fun in here! *sulks*