Not open for further replies.

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisebertacchi.wordpress.com
Hey guys!

I've posted on other threads that we ought to share some of our cool Examiner posts here on our favorite social network. The idea is to share posts that you think other AWers might like to read or to cross link to. Please only post things that are of general/National interest.

The other reason is that I heard that search engines will rank you higher if it can find links to your Examiner articles in other sites, like really cool forums. Like this one. :)

I also was suggesting that to help each other out with promotion, we should each pick a handful of AW Examiners to subscribe to. Choose people who either write about stuff you're interested in, stuff you might be able to crosslink (people in your channel) or just follow people you find amusing here in the forums.

Examiner also added a Tweet This function, so share the good karma and tweet your fellow AWers.

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm going to start this thread rolling by posting a couple Halloween articles. Check em out - there's pics of my kid and my backyard here. I love Halloween and am proud to say that my kids have only had ONE store bought costume between them - and that was the year my oldest wanted to be a Power Ranger. You just can't sew that for $20 bucks!

Backyard Halloween Pumpkin Head Ghosts

Easy Halloween Costumes from Sweat Suits

Halloween Photo Tips This one is part of my scrapbook Examiner post, which I'm not really sure if I can keep going. But there's cool pics of my kid's Halloween costumes that I'm pretty proud of...

baltogardener

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.examiner.com
What a great idea! I'd love to read articles from others that I am not currently aware of. Here are a few Examiner articles that I enjoyed writing:

"Understanding green and brown elements in compost".

"Tips for making sauce from fresh tomatoes".

"Organic ways to kill and control sidewalk weeds."

As for others, I enjoy reading Benjamin McCargo, the Philadelphia Urban Gardening Examiner and Greg Shelley the Houston Gardening Examiner, who are among many fine home and garden Examiners out there.

WriterKM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.uselessonline.com

mommyjo2

Bad grammar make me [sic]
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milehimama.com
I have a conservative politics thread, and my two most popular (ahem, flame worthy) posts actually simply ask questions. One about Ron Paul, one about President Obama.

Nobel Peace prize unconstitutional?

Ron Paul votes to protect tax cheat Rangel

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of the provocative headline to drive traffic. Oh, yes I am.

Still working on how to work Balloon Boy into my homeschool site... if only their dad taught them at home. It's probably a good thing he didn't though!

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have a conservative politics thread, and my two most popular (ahem, flame worthy) posts actually simply ask questions. One about Ron Paul, one about President Obama.

Nobel Peace prize unconstitutional?

Ron Paul votes to protect tax cheat Rangel

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of the provocative headline to drive traffic. Oh, yes I am.

Still working on how to work Balloon Boy into my homeschool site... if only their dad taught them at home. It's probably a good thing he didn't though!

I'm not sure how to get Balloon Boy into homeschooling, except maybe as a lesson on lying. BUT you can get the President into your headline: Hawaii public schools just decided to cut the budget by not attending on Fridays! I'm sure there's some way to work that into home schooling - how public schools can really stink or something. (We're a public school family, but we bought our house in a nice part of the county with a really good school.) I typed this up last night while waiting for a meeting to get interesting, so I didn't give it a whole lot of thought. But it allowed me to link back to another story about the prez and school kids.

htrent

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.holleytrent.com

You can make it a lesson on how it's possible for balloons to float (and how not to make children juvenile delinquents :rant:). :) Science!

Reaction score
160.jpg

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Mormon Moms Calendar

Silly old-fashioned pin-up calendar. Not so silly when you realized that the creator's previous calendar of hot Mormon men got him tossed out of his church. They even revoked his Mass Comm degree from Brigham Young.

Sad thing is, I look at the mom calendar and feel proud that a bunch of moms were comfortable enough with themselves (and their faith) to pose for a pin-up calendar. I check out the guy's calendar and I feel like a lecherous cougar.

HeidiW

Registered
Reaction score
You've got trick cats? I gotta go read that one...
Ha! Well, most of the tricks my cats do aren't ones I want them doing. But I had a foster kitten who trained us to play fetch with him. That's the part 2. (And yes, that's me and my horribly mess house in the video.)

Heidi :hi:

livinitup0

Registered
Reaction score
Hey sorry to hijack the thread but is there any way we can allow Associated Content links in this thread or can I make another specifically for AC?
I'm try to figure out ways to increase page views and get some advice on my seo writing.

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Take your kids to see the fake polar bears at the St. Louis Zoo

The St. Louis Zoo lost it's polar bears and that part of the bear pits have been empty for over a year. Now they're decorating for the Christmas, ah hem, Winter light show and they've put animatronic polar bears in the exihibit area. Cheesy? Yes. But it could be worse...they could have put them in during Boo at the Zoo for a Ghost of Polar Bears Past or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.