Getting on the bestseller list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
This comes from the Always Writing blog @ http://neilostroff.blogspot.com/2014/03/getting-on-bestseller-list.html and really hits home. This excerpt really hits home and is the hardest part of being a writer. It takes work and is most frustrating.
It takes a lot of time to plug in marketing information, time that takes away from writing that next book. It’s true that word-of-mouth is by far the biggest seller of books, but it seems that with the internet and worldwide exposure, that word-of-mouth can get lost in the chatter of so many new books. I may never hit the Amazon bestseller list again (hopefully I will) but it was certainly a boost to my writer’s ego to know that for a brief time I was ranked right up there beside such great writers as Ann Rice, Stephen King, and Suzanne Collins. It made all the years spent weaving my tales worth it

You got any better recommendations?

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
it seems the best way is to interact with people. I hate this concept. Because lets face it, if we all get to know each other here, and you like me, you may read/buy my book. But was it sold because of my writing quality or because of my personality? I couldn't care less what people think of me as a person--or if they think im pretty, etc...

What i want to know is if they enjoyed it. And if they didn't, well then they probably have no sense of humor. LOL

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I think the best way is to write a really good book; and then write another, and another, and another.

A few of the books I've written have reached the best-seller lists now. And yet I've not done anything to promote them. I've never done a signing, or a book tour, or written a blog article about them: nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.