• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Swap/CP Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamiller512

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta who is interested in swapping chapters, two to three a week. I write contemporary erotic romance and would love to read anything except YA.

I like constructive feedback and give the same in return. A detailed review works best for me, and I'll do the same, but I'm primarily interested in plot, character development, and pacing.

Send me a PM if you are interested and we can see if we are a good match.

Thank you for your consideration! :snoopy:

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I suggest something? It sounds to me as if you don't really seek to swap beta readings.

A beta reader is the person who goes over a manuscript which is complete, edited, polished, which the author believes is fully ready to be submitted to publishers or agents.The beta gives one final read to catch any small weaknesses or flaws which might still be in there.

If you're still unsure about plot, pacing, and character development, you're not at a final version of the manuscript. It sounds to me like you're seeking a critique partner--which is just fine and can greatly help you both.

Consider rephrasing your subject line so those wanting just what you want will know you're offeriing.

Maryn, hoping to help

mamiller512

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Maryn. I changed it, but allow me to clarify. In my post I was requesting the type of review I wanted. I would like a line-by-line review, but if that's not your thing, I am also interested in hearing about any plot holes, pacing issues, etc.

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beta swap?

Mamiller,

I sent you a PM.

Chase

Last edited:

mamiller512

Registered
Reaction score
C'mon, Mary. You know I'm happy to critique your work. Why you no ask? ;)

Because its a love story. :e2kissy: Kinda threw you into the boat with other guys I know who'd rather, well you know, than read a love story. I'd love your expertise if you're willing. :D I'll e-mail you.

Status
Not open for further replies.