• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Three Chapter or Word Count (20,000) Swap: Project Adam, Sci-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.travis-lee.org
I'm looking to do either a three chapter or word count (20,000 words) swap for Project Adam:

Walter Montoon is a senior detective with alcohol and pill problems who regrets giving custody of his son to another man. On a midnight run to the liquor store he discovers a young boy hiding beneath an interstate overpass.

The boy has a talent: he can read minds. He doesn't remember his parents or his name. But he does remember the facility. The experiments, the men in surgical masks.

And the monster they are creating.

Since my three chapters combined are 20,000 words, if you want, I'll look at your first 20,000 too.

No erotica or romance. I'm open to pretty much all other genres.

What I'll give you: feedback. Specifically, I'll point out what I like, what I don't like, and I'll give you suggestions, all aimed towards improving your MS. For examples of my critiquing style see here and here. I am by no means harsh.

What I'd like from you: the same. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. The big question is: would you keep reading?

Interested? Either PM me or email: [email protected]

Last edited:

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
AM, a straight "I give you three chapters, you give me three chapters" swap (that's what you want, right?) is challenging because we don't know how long your chapters are. I swapped with one fellow who wrote 10,000 word chapters. I recently beta read with a woman who had a one page chapter; it was under 600 words. A word count would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.