• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta for High Fantasy ~ Willing to swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for my fantasy story. It's currently 100k words long with 44 chapters. I'd like critique on just about everything. I've haven't had anyone read the full story yet so I'd be looking for opinions on the prose, characters, plot, grammar, spelling... chapter length, pretty much what works and what doesn't all around.

Right now the title is "The Mantle" but it is a work in progress like the rest of the book. Possible titles are something else we could talk about I suppose.
It's about a woman who awakens in a prison with no memory of how she got there and few memories about the world she's living in. This gives her a one-of-a-kind outlook on the conflicts brewing between the nations of this world as her travels bring her to important places and in front of important people while she tries to find out who did this to her and why.

I have posted a segment of chapter one in share your work. It would probably be a nice litmus test to see if you'd be interested in a full read. The Mantle ~ Share Your Work Topic

I'm open to doing a swap as well. I greatly prefer science fiction and fantasy. I am averse to stories where romance is the focus or a major staple though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.