• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Non-Fiction Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I've written a non-fiction book on how to design the envelope for a sewing pattern. It goes into design elements, such as color scheme, fonts, layout, theme, and cover art, plus other factors that need to be considered. The book is about 14,000 words, but it's extremely image-heavy (lots of examples shown) so the PDF is 71 pages.

I need someone to beta-read this for me, mainly looking at voice and flow. I'm not worried about grammar and spelling, but I do need a check for typos. I'm also concerned with how easy it is to understand, whether it makes sense, stuff like that. Someone with art or design experience would be a definite plus, although that isn't a requirement.

I'm open to swapping. PM me if you're interested or want more details!

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Still looking for a beta-reader or two for my non-fiction book. The book is about how to design the front cover for a self-published sewing pattern. I'll take help from any quarter--you don't have to be an expert on anything except writing!

Reply or PM me, if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.