DecNoWriMo 2014!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually pulled up my WIP and looked at it yesterday - which is the most I've done with it in a week. Pathetic.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So, yesterday I played guitar for the first time in a long time. And I sucked. But today, I just played for half an hour, and I rocked it! Well, there were still a lot of rough bits, but it was more "good" than "rough". So, like, 60/40 or something. Whereas yesterday was 60/40 "rough"/"terrible". One of these days I hope to progress beyond "good" and into "awesome", but eh... I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, that was my major creative accomplishment for the day. :)

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I may have moved some words around on my WIP the other day, but as far as actually writing anything of substance - nah. Frantic show/holiday schedule aside, I think my problem is that I don't like where I've started my current scene and want to delete it and start over, but I don't have the spare brain cells to attempt that - yet.

I've been doing a lot of reading - but again, nothing of any substance. I read a collection of Christmas stories and poems and am just about done with a how-to on baking molded cookies. However, my husband just early-Christmas-gifted me with four new Kindle books: 250 Things You Should Know About Writing by Chuck Wendig, 1913: The Year Before The Storm by Florian Illies, Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz, and Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire. I bet I'll finish at least one before year's end.

Finish first draft of WIP: 103,971 out of ?????
Read two books: 4.5 out of 2 COMPLETED
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1

Hope everyone is having a peaceful and productive holiday season - and if not productive, at least enjoyable.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got some actual writing done yesterday - what a relief. Also well into the Julia Child biography and am enduring rather than enjoying the author's fan-boy narrative. Fortunately the subject herself is intriguing enough to keep me going.

Finish first draft of WIP: 104,314 out of ?????

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing of note that I've done in the past few days is get closer to finishing a video game. I *think* there are only a couple of levels left now... Can't say for sure, as I've never finished this game before.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still not firmly back in the saddle yet.

Finish first draft of WIP: 104,582 out of ?????

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I swear the stars are aligned against me. Every time I sit down to write something happens - the past two mornings the power has gone out just as I get started. It comes back on about 15-20 minutes later but by that time I've thrown up my hands and moved on to something else. Doesn't help that this is a busy week at my show - I have two performances today and one tomorrow, which just seems like cruel and unusual punishment when it's New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Ah, well - at least it's employment.

I may get some writing done between shows but I'm going to go ahead and call my writing year finished, with two goals incomplete and one goal ridiculously surpassed. I'm halfway through the Julia Child biography so I'm giving myself a half-credit for that.

Finish first draft of WIP: 104,662 out of ?????
Read two books: 5 out of 2 COMPLETED

Off to start the JanNoWriMo thread!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Getting stuff ready to put together my annual "How Many Books Did Vamp Buy THIS Year? UGH!" post. :tongue

Nervous about the outcome because I HIGHLY doubt that I bought fewer books than last year.....

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
My grand total for books I own in 2014 is.... *drumroll*

948! :partyguy:

For comparison... In December of 2013 I wrote:

Well, my grand total as of right now is... *drumroll* 769 books. In 2012 I gained 142 books. This year I gained 153. I thought I was doing better at curbing my habits this year...

And this year I gained... 179! Damn! I'm really getting worse at this "curbing habits" thing...

Stats!

Number of Books Vamp Owned:
2014: 948
2013: 769
2012: 616
2011: 474

Number of Books Vamp Gained in a Single Calendar Year:
2014: 179
2013: 153
2012: 142

Anyone wanna graph this for me? :tongue

~Amber~

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
December goals!

• Crit friend's short story (first because she's got a deadline)
  • 3 novels to beta read (maybe four, depends) 2.5/4
  • apply edits to my novel
  • plot SNI
    [*]go to class

I slacked in December. No help since I was a gross ball of sick for the last week of the month. I've also kept up with my homework, which is one of the goals that (I think) got added during the month.

This is one of those months we can remind ourselves that progress is good too. ;)

Happy New Year everyone :partyguy:

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I did a little better than I thought.

• Plot L2 with the Snowflake Method
  • Plot L3 with the Snowflake Method
  • Clean up novella first chapter and send to critique group
  • Critique all submissions to the group within the first week
  • Read friend's revisions on her novel
  • Play through some of the new content in Warlords of Draenor

I only half made my critique goals. I did them all, but never made it in the first week. In fact, I think I got them all in on the last or second-to-last day. Oops.

I did absultely no plotting, though, so many of these are getting carried forward.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I started a new job last month and completely underestimated how little time I would have for writing/reading.

In order words, I completely failed to hit any of my goals.

-- Finish revisions for WIP#1. It's around 70,000 out of 75,000. (Didn't touch it.)

-- Finish writing rough draft WIP#2 from Nano. (Wrote 9,000 more words. It's at 73,000 words now.)

-- Review 4 books. (Zero)

-- Hit reading goal of 100 books for the year. (Read 97. That's 8 books read in December.)