• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta's with some patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
So, I'm looking for beta readers for a short slow-burn/paranoia/psychological horror book. I have quite a few issues with it, but after reading a few other books that I felt were much worse and were applauded by other readers, I figure I might look at putting it up.

I would really appreciate the eyes of a few others going over it before that though. So if anybody might be interested, let me know and I'll see about getting it in front of you.

Thanks in advance. :-D

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
How long is the book Shaun, and can we please get a summery? I may be interested, but I would like to know a bit more about the project before deciding to give it a try.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
It's currently sitting at 51,500 words.

Carla is a single mom of two daughters when her neighbor goes next door and kills the family living on the other side of him from her. She's normally a little on the paranoid side, but then she starts wondering what drove her neighbor to murder and her dreams start to give her visions of home invasions and other dark things. When she can't take it anymore, she starts to try her own investigation into what happened, seeking any kind of peace of mind. What malignant force that drove her neighbor mad, and that now wants her and her daughters...

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
It's currently sitting at 51,500 words.

Carla is a single mom of two daughters when her neighbor goes next door and kills the family living on the other side of him from her. She's normally a little on the paranoid side, but then she starts wondering what drove her neighbor to murder and her dreams start to give her visions of home invasions and other dark things. When she can't take it anymore, she starts to try her own investigation into what happened, seeking any kind of peace of mind. What malignant force that drove her neighbor mad, and that now wants her and her daughters...

Oh! PM me! That sounds like it is right up my alley. I love stories that are mindscrews.

TheCuriousOne

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested too :) I'm not an "experienced" beta reader, but I've done it a few times before. PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.