Favorite Lines of the Day

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 20:

“Are we going to be okay?” Sylvia asked.

Richard had to think about it for a moment. “I hope so.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 21:

“Mom, would you please tell us about how I was conceived?” Serena asked.

Selene was surprised. “Um, I guess. Why?”

Serenity grinned. “We want to hear the juicy details.”

Selene laughed. “Okay. You asked for it.”

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Nov 21

She left the hotel and walked off, away from the hotel, away from her phone, away from her only method of communicating with the MI5 and with Dad.

Nov 22

The contents of a newspaper:

The release of a book on philosophy, a detailed analysis of the potential health benefits of onions, an article about problems with the traffic flow in central Paris – how could anyone bear to read this?

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
As of today:

She tried to take the leap of faith into the ravine, but was nabbed in the back of her shirt by one of the roach wolves surrounding the area.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 22:

“Little did I know I could get pregnant that way.” Selene smiled cheerfully. “Oh, well. It all turned out for the best. I have you.”

Serena smiled.

Serenity stared at Selene in wonder. “That must have hurt.”

“I wasn't able to sit comfortably for a few hours. Still, it was so worth it.”

“Would you do it again, knowing you'd get pregnant?” Serena asked.

“Without hesitation. I love you, Serena.”

Serena smiled. “I love you, too, Mom.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 23:

Selene stared at the test result in surprise.

“Well?” Sean asked.

“I'm pregnant.”

Sean inhaled deeply and exhaled. “I don't believe this.”

“I don't either. I didn't think I could get pregnant by doing anal. I mean your gooey, globby gunk just went up my butt, right? Like injecting a turkey with marinade.”

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Oh Kalie, I've missed you.

Upon discovering a surprise visit from her best friend, Syn tackled her to the ground in a hug in front of a group of paparazzi.

“Hello to you, pretty lady!” Kalie beams and hugs me from her place on the ground. “How’s my walrus?”

“Not allowed to eat the foods that would make me a walrus. What in the world are you even doing here?”

We sit up together, side by side on the ground.

“It’s not like you’re not all over the news or anything. Big Poppa’s been saving money to get me here since you left. We were going to wait until the spring when the track meets start, but after all this mess you’ve gotten yourself into, Poppa thought now’d be a good time to cash in on my best friend’s media attention.”

“Aah, so I’m being used is what you’re saying.”

“Little bit.”

“Well, considering there are probably already pictures and rumors flying online about you being my secret lesbian lover that I’ve dumped Ardent for, use away.”

[FONT=&quot]“Awesome. Are they still watching? Quick, gimme a smooch.” She leans in, lips dramatically overpuckered, but her lips only finds my hand as I shove her back to arm’s length. She flaps her arms towards me in jest until we both break out laughing and fall into a hug.[/FONT]

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This might not be the best line I wrote today, but it is the one that made me laugh.

On the other hand, my other hand is free.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Darn it, do I really have to send Kalie away again? *sigh*

“So, question,” she whispers. “He can program a robot, but do you think he can… you know?” She flexes her prosthesis. “I’m jonesing for a few changes.”

I glance over at Liao, who keeps sneaking looks at Kalie and bashfully looking away. He is so obviously smitten it’s adorable. And I know just what to do, too.

“Actually,” I whisper back. “Would you believe me if I told you he’s Brainiac?”

She thinks it over for a second, then raises an eyebrow.

“You’re pulling my prosthesis.”

“Cross my heart.”

And then Ajax is in my arms and Kalie’s on the other side, draping herself over Liao. The poor guy’s gone red with “girl touching me” panic.

“So, hey, cutie,” she purrs. “I hear you’re the guy to talk to about upgrades.”

Oh my god, I’ve just hooked up an addict with the guy who invented the drug.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 24:

“She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back upon her when she bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air.”

“Interesting change, Serena.”

“Yeah, well, y'know how angels are never depicted as female?” Serena asked. “That irritates me.”

Ms. Haggins smiled. “Understood. Mina, your lines.”

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
I like this one!

At this point, Jackie’s options were to freak out and die ignobly or to stay calm and die gracefully.

ooh, and this one! Not sure it makes sense, though...

Jackie was now so scared that she had to say something to prove that she wasn’t.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Finished NaNo! Story's not done, but I'm taking a break to edit and finish some shorts I did just before. So this'll be my last "favorite of the day."

Moments after MC breaks the LI's heart and informs him she just doesn't love him like he loves her... before dinner...
My stupid stomach decides now is the stupid time to be stupid hungry and announces it to the world at large with a growl worthy of a feral warthog.

“Wow, okay, I’m going to go jump in a lake with embarrassment now.”

To my surprise, he laughs. It’s a sad laugh trying to disguise itself, but it’s still a laugh.

“Don’t do that, or I’ll have to jump in after you.” He walks over and wraps an arm around my shoulders. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have just dumped all that on you. I misread our chemistry. I mean, I’m an actor. I should have picked up that you were acting too. I’m so used to having girls want me, I guess I just always assumed some part of you did as well.”

I wrap my arm around his waist. “You deserve a girl who has more than one part that wants you. I honestly don’t even know what I want.”

“Aside from dinner?”

“I always want dinner. I mean, in a guy. I just never wanted to get attached. I always figured I’d end up moving away to wherever I got sent to work. Boyfriends and crushes never came into that equation.”

“That’s something I always liked about you, Syn. You’re…” He grins. “Synsible.”

“I hate you and am going to murder you in your sleep.”

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
FMC is moving in temporarily with a friend. He's complaining she's got a lot of stuff.

"Besides," she added, " I need all of this stuff if I can't go home for a few weeks."
Jackson reached into a box beside him and pulled out a parasol. "Really? You need this?"
She took the parasol from him. "Well, you never know when I'm going to need this."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you made a habit of dressing like Mary Poppins and carrying around a frilly umbrella to dance with penguins."

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 25:

One of my MCs from an alternate Earth has just acted out a scene from "Romeo and Juliet" in class:

Ms. Haggins was silent for a moment. “Serenity, there was no emotion in that performance.”

“That's because I can't connect with the character.”

“Explain.”

“These characters are in love with each other after sharing one scene at a party together. Neither of them knew the other's last name. Now, they're talking of marriage? It's ridiculous.”

“Anymore ridiculous than 'Twilight'?” Ms. Haggins asked.

Serenity was confused. “I don't know what that is.”

“Where have you been living for the past ten years?”

“I decline to divulge that information.”

“Fine, whatever. Do you have any other criticisms of this play?”

“It's horribly overwritten. Who talks like that?”

“You sound like you don't want this part.”

“That is an accurate assessment.”

“Fine, it's Serena's. Take your seat.”

“Whoo-hoo!” Serena cheered, raising her fists into the air.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ace
The fire and the force field die out at the same time, and the cool air of the room seems to tickle me as much as the idea that I just jumped in front of another fireball for Bug.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 26:

Serena turned and looked at her. “Why does she have to be against me?”

Serenity walked over to the bed and lay to Serena's left on it. “She loves you, and she fears losing you.”

“She's not going to lose me. I want to live on both worlds. I'll still see her.”

“But she's a mother, and mothers often fear losing their babies.”

“I'm not a baby.”

“To her, you are.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 27:

Selene sipped her wine. “Here's Serena's thirteenth birthday party.”

Serenity sipped her wine and frowned in confusion. “Is she participating in a cake-eating contest?”

“Sadly, no.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 28:

The Crossroads High School auditorium was filled with people eager to see the play – as well as people that were dragged there by the former.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 29:

Keiko walked over to Serenity. “I'm sorry that I put you through this.”

Serenity smiled at her. “It's okay. This was the best thing that's ever happened to me.” She looked at Serena and smiled.

Serena smiled back at her. “Same here.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 30:

Serenity took out her cell phone. “Let's get the girls over here. I'm in the mood for an orgy.”