Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I wanted to post when I won, but this thread wasn't here yet and I felt it would just look like I was bragging to create it, lol.

Anyway, I got 50k early on November 4th. My goal for the month is 333k, and I'm about to pass 150k right now. I actually don't think I write that fast, since I'm heavily involved in the NaNo Overachiever group and some of them write much faster than I do. Then I stick my head out of Overachiever-land for a minute and realize that normal people do not, in fact, write for 12 hours straight every day and discuss their word goals in fractions of a million, lol.

My goodness! Congrats Chasing. 150k is my goal for the entire month. I look to you with total awe. Even if I had 12 hours a day to write, I don't have the concentration to do it. Actually the only thing I think I'm capable of doing 12 hours straight is sleep.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Chasing! That's amazing!

A big congratulations to Putputt, Jilio, and Ashley for being the first group of writers from AW to hit 50k!

I know Putputt first draft is done, but Jillio and Ashley, are ya'll going to keep going till first draft is done or just writing stuff until the end of the month? Just curious.

I'm still going. My goal is to finish the story by the time NaNo is done. The final word count will be a surprise to me...

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I just reached 50k! The novel will probably be ~65k...I hope to finish it by Friday.

ETA: well, I finished on Wednesday instead. 59,578 words. I cut a bunch of scenes I had planned near the end, so it ended up a little shorter than expected. But that's okay.

Last edited:

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just reached 50k! The novel will probably be ~65k...I hope to finish it by Friday.

Congratulations, LJD!!! :partyguy:

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Done, thanks to the Night of Writing Glamourously. A fun night overall. :)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
:Trophy:

I hit 50K yesterday but forgot to come here and celebrate.

I have more of the book to go, and when I finish I'll probably go straight into book 3, but we'll see, because traveling. This book was supposed to be 65K, with 15K written before NaNo, so I'm there, and it's still going.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Thanks!

I reckon I still have 25-30k more story to tell. ::puts on Queen's Don't Stop Me Now and cranks up the volume::

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Made it yesterday night--4 days slower than last year because of the responsibilities of being an ML.

Probably about 10k-15k more of story to go, so I'm confident I can finish it before the month's out. But there will be no equalling last year's 100,000 words, which is probably a good thing.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I DID IT! FASTEST TIME EVER TOO. :D

:partyguy: :snoopy: :hooray: :e2woo: :yessmiley

Now on to 70k. :D

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I ended up doing 10k on Wednesday and getting past the 50k total :). It's far from finished. How far? No idea. Part one is taking a lot longer than I expected. Maybe parts two and three will be shorter to make up for it.

I'm probably going to slow down a bit now (and get some other stuff done), but will definitely keep going for the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.