• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

The 1st Manuscript Project (1 or 2 Writers Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinmahadi

Born and bred under palm trees.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Edwin, and I am in need of buddies to help each other from editing all the way through to seeing the manuscript land in the hands of an agent. I welcome you to the 1st Manuscript Project aka Mega-Advanced-Writing-Buddies-Project. It’s nothing official, but just as serious. So first things first, the dirty laundry...

-You are an unpublished writer seeking to be published.
-You have finished the first draft of a novel you are seeking to publish.
-You are in the revision process and is stressed over it.
-You aspire for more than just publication (e.g literary recognition, a teaching gig in a prestigious University, a debut unlike no other).
-You have been setting aside time for writing/editing.

Basically, this is a project to fight fear. Of writing, of editing, of not feeling good enough, of not knowing where to go. These I hope we can fight together. So what can we expect?

-Motivation.
To keep us going.

-Critiques.
So we can make our works the best they could be.

-Idea Cultivating.
Throwing your thoughts back and forth between each other to develop them into something more meaningful.

-Post-care.
Once any of us are done with our editing, we will also help each other through the processes of landing an agent, like writing the synopsis and query letter.

-Friendship.
And I hope we will be lifelong friends in the process.

Nitty gritty details:

-Chunks & Cycles.
We will edit weekly in chunks of 2000-8000 words. We'll call one week as a cycle, and there will be a day in the week to start off this cycle, (for example, Friday) where we hand in our chunks for each other to read and give feedback. And then it is up to the writers if by the end of that cycle (next Friday) they want to resend the same (edited) chunk or move on to their next one. And this continues on until our whole manuscript is fully critiqued and edited to the best of its potential.

-Room.
We would have somewhere we can gather so there is easy correspondence (I was thinking a Facebook Group and Google Documents).

-Genre/Word Count
My manuscript genre would be Literary Fiction/Family Saga clocked currently at 113,000 words(trying to reduce it). This is open to any Genres, but I just thought it would help to know the Genre you will be working with.

I wanted to do this because I always wanted to be a part of these kind of “mastermind” groups and was inspired by someone’s life project done in a field unrelated to writing, but they are aspirations nonetheless. So if anybody is interested or has any questions please PM me. Also, if by any chance anything I wrote is breaking any of the forum rules, please tell me and I will fix them. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.