• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a Beta for a Tragicomic Western

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! I've finally decided to try and do something with a complete draft that I finished in 2013 but have absolutely no idea what to do with.

Paradise Falls, my 2013 NaNoWriMo project, is a Western of a sort that is very goofy and tongue-in-cheek but gradually darkens to a fairly serious level. It's a volatile mix of period-accurate stuff and deliberate anachronism, and far too long at 100,000 words.

Honestly, I'm not sure what needs to be done to take the next step with this thing; as such I need a stiff beta reading. I'm willing to beta read in turn, naturally, and as a former composition teacher I feel that I can offer some value there.

Here's the draft in GDocs if you're curious, and let me know if you are interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.