• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wolf Literary Services (Kirsten Wolf)

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. I queried Wolf Literary on 1-4 via email and have heard nothing yet. Should I consider this a rejection, or does it take a while longer? I have researched her agency, and she seems like a wonderful fit for me, so I was really excited to submit to her. I know, a newbie mistake, but I can't help it. So, should I update my query list with a rejection and move on to the next?

mbowman

Registered
Reaction score
From what Query tracker tells me, it takes her about a month to respond. I won't worry unless it gets on 2 months without a response.

*crosses fingers* Here's hoping that I get a good response!

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. I queried Wolf Literary on 1-4 via email and have heard nothing yet. Should I consider this a rejection, or does it take a while longer? I have researched her agency, and she seems like a wonderful fit for me, so I was really excited to submit to her. I know, a newbie mistake, but I can't help it. So, should I update my query list with a rejection and move on to the next?

About 40% get a non-response rejection from Wolf (27% from Ranta), and only 3-4% of querytracker users (who are more query-sophisticated than average) get a positive response from either agent. These numbers are more or less typical. Even the most diligent agents don't respond sometimes, so you should send queries in groups of ten or or so.

Last edited:

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score

You should be sending tons of queries out regardless of rejections or status. I did a thread on how many queries to send in Ask the Agent and there were people who said it took them 120 up to 250 to get an agent. So... keep on sending those queries!

brmyers

Registered
Reaction score
When in doubt, send out more queries...

Also, Query Tracker is a great site to help you organize your submissions, and see comments on each agent's response time and acceptance percentage.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Does she work for Gillian Mackenzie agency still? Or is this a different Kristen Wolf?

Same one. She does legal work for several agencies: "Wolf Literary Services provides legal and financial consulting to the publishing industry, with a client list that boasts more than a dozen prestigious literary agencies and other consulting companies."

GuruLord

Cake or Death?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
copernicusnerdicus.blogspot.com
2 weeks ago I sent along my query and first 50 pages to Kirsten Wolf for my upper-middle grade book, COPERNICUS NERDICUS.

I received an e-mail approx. 6 hours later from Ms. Adriann Ranta stating that Kirsten is no longer taking on new clients, but she requested my full manuscript (she said she loved the title and it caught her eye lol).

full manuscript has been sent with confirmation and now it's time to play a waiting game while I continue to query and wait on other full requests.

Oh the joys of querying!

The Otter

Friendly Neighborhood Mustelid
Registered
Reaction score
In the room next to the noisy ice machine, for all
Just bumping this thread to see if there's any new information. I haven't been able to find any info on sales for Kirsten Wolf or Adriann Ranta. Their website is "under construction." Anyone have any info?

Thanks

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
URL: http://wolflit.com/

The sales reports on PM are primarily Ms. Ranta's; the most recent being to Skyhorse last month.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! *waves*

Anybody had any recent interaction with this agency? I'm thinking of querying soon (NA Fantasy Romance) and just want to keep up to date. ;)

~Fleur

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Sent query and 50 pages to Ms. Johnson 3/5, received form R 21/5. (For the numbers, I'm not on QueryTracker.)

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
EQ Adriann Ranta on 10/14/14
YA Post-Apocalyptic
Form R on 11/7/14

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping. Wondering if anyone has dealings recently?

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection from them after a week, so it seems they do respond anyway

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
A response is wonderful, even if it is a rejection. Though they still sting. How long did it take her to respond?