• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Murray's Literary Service (formerly Murray's Literary Agency) (Eunice Murray)

Bryon

Gurgling from the bottom!
Registered
Reaction score
A cold dark place, where Nor'easters hit.
Website
bryondecker.wix.com
Yesterday I heard from another of Murray's clients. She's appalled by what we've unearthed about Murray's business practices and intends to ask for her money back!

Briefly, this lady's book was published by AuthorHouse in 2011. I assume that she wasn't happy with AH so sought an agent "to help me get my book out to the public...She led me to believe that someone would pick up my book and publish it. I am very new to the book world and trusted her!"

I've invited her to join the discussion so let's hope that she pays a visit soon.

Have you heard anything else from this client?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
She told me that she was going to contact Murray on Monday and ask for her money back. I've e-mailed her since then but so far she hasn't replied.

I'll keep you informed!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I've been exercising my Googling finger in an attempt to identify The Jockey Ridge Murder and its mysterious publisher Chicago Press. I had no luck, but there was a notorious murder - that of Janet Siclari by Thomas Jabin Berry - near Jockey's Ridge in 1993. Where is Jockey's Ridge? It's in Eunice Murray's home state of North Carolina! This, together with the generic title, convinces me that Murray simply made up both book and publisher.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Since neither Ted Dekker nor his agent seem to care about Murray's misrepresentation of Boneman's Daughters, yesterday I posted the following comment on her blog:

"Dear Ms Murray, please remove the cover image of Ted Dekker's Boneman's Daughters from your blog. You do NOT represent Mr Dekker."

This morning both my comment and the image had vanished. :hooray:

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Seven weeks after Albert Simon finally got Murray to remove the cover image of For Sale in Palm Springs from her blog it's still featured on her Google Plus page.

https://plus.google.com/114238193999803471246/about?hl=en

And there's an added bonus: have a look at the other book/author she supposedly represents.

murraygoogleplus_zpsdb2c56bf.jpg

At first glance I thought it was probably a romance novel Murray had picked at random from Amazon, but on closer inspection it turned out to be...wait for it...Anne of the Island by L M Montgomery, one of the sequels to Anne of Green Gables. The book was published in 1915 and Montgomery died in 1942. So in addition to her skills as an author, editor, agent, paralegal, jewellery workshop instructor, hair stylist, herbalist and Mary Kay representative we can now add...time traveller!

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
It's been almost a year since Eunice Murray posted the last entry on her blog. Nothing more was heard of 'Editing Done For Success', so it looks as though Eunice took the hint and got out of the bogus agenting/editing business completely. Yesterday I received an email from Eunice inviting me to join her new Meetup group, 'The Herablist[sic] Health Care and Beauty Club':

This will be a great meet up to discuss the things that are important to you such health, wellness and beauty. The information will be very informative so that you can live a better life.

I was sorely tempted to get some informative information about living a better life, particularly since "no subject is out of bound", but out of respect for the letter 's' I had to decline.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Now, here I begin to get worried. People can lose money and the rights to their books if they take up with clueless and/or unscrupulous agents and publishers.

If they start believing an untrained herbalist*, they can die. I'm almost tempted to join, and send group links to science-based medicine sites.

*Well aware there are responsible, medically trained herbal practitioners. I highly doubt Murray is one of them.

Link to the Meetup group: www.meetup.com/The-Herablist-Health-Care-and-Beauty-Club/

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I realize that we're getting off-topic here, but Murray has also started what she refers to as a "foundation" called Sisters Helping Sisters. She's asking people to donate their hair, together with a $5 shipping fee, to make wigs for women who have lost their hair.

http://shawherbalhealinggarden.blogspot.co.uk/

I've just posted a question about the legality of this over in Story Research, if anyone would like to continue the conversation there.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Now, here I begin to get worried. People can lose money and the rights to their books if they take up with clueless and/or unscrupulous agents and publishers.

If they start believing an untrained herbalist*, they can die. I'm almost tempted to join, and send group links to science-based medicine sites.

*Well aware there are responsible, medically trained herbal practitioners. I highly doubt Murray is one of them.

She calls herself a certified herbalist on the strength of having done this $360 correspondence course from Heart of Herbs:

http://www.heartofherbs.com/correspondence.htm

The good news is that the Sisters Helping Sisters Foundation has been "postponed".