• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Inkwell Management

ThatMovieAnnouncerGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well. The website says she moved back but she's on my query list. Anyone?

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Is Catherine Drayton of Inkwell living in Australia? I heard somewhere that she was, and I'm curious how this affects her business dealings in the U.S.

Yes. She lives in Australia. Apparently, in this crazy electronic age, it doesn't affect her business dealings at all. She's made US deals recently (March?) for publication in 2009. Of course, Inkwell is located in NY.

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Marva! I'd heard good things about her, and she has a full...I guess I won't worry about the distance thing, in this case :)

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
Sent off an equery yesterday and got a form rejection email a few hours ago.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Charlie Olsen gave me a nice, personalized rejection on my 100 page partial. Said he'd be willing to take another look at it if I went through with a rewrite I've been pondering.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
It was a no today.
Sorry to hear that. A full request tends to get hopes up.

I sent a requested partial on 7/16, but no answer yet. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad sign. I know she received it since she emailed an acknowledgment.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. I've been watching for you with fingers crossed.
I have seen only a couple of responses to submissions on Query Tracker. Of course, that doesn't account for everybody submitting. We'll keep fingers crossed for each other.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I got a timely R from them on a query today, turnaround time was about sixteen hours. A form R but so nicely phrased it didn't hurt at all.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Ms Drayton asked for my full on 9/5. Sent it 9/6. Particularly nice of her, she sent a 'got it' note back. I really appreciate that. At least I won't have any nailbiting over whether she received it or not.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Okay, now I hope she got mine. She asked for it Friday and I sent it that night, but I didn't receive a "got it" note so I hope mine didn't get eaten by the email goblins.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now I hope she got mine. She asked for it Friday and I sent it that night, but I didn't receive a "got it" note so I hope mine didn't get eaten by the email goblins.
I don't think she'd get mad to ask her if she received it. Maybe she's working through them in some order and mine happened to be first in the list. Maybe wait a couple of days, then check with her by replying to her original request for the ms and just say you're checking if it arrived.

Why am I giving advice? I know nothing!

remembermee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ruberypress.co.uk
Catherine seemed quite nice. After I sent a query email she got back to me within one day. She said she didn't think the subject of my YA novel would sell but given my publishing history she would like to see the first 20 pages. She rejected it. Overall time scale of this was approx 3 weeks.

lisalaura

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates from people who have work submitted to Catherine Drayton? I just sent her a partial on Friday, but never received a confirmation e-mail from her. Hopefully she received it. Sounds like most people hear back from her in a few weeks? She's my dream agent, so we're waiting on pins and needles.

Have other queries, partials and fulls out too, so hopefully someone will bite. The waiting is tough!

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a partial and then a full to CD in July. She was pretty fast with her polite no -- and then yesterday, I received a form reject for the query (which I'd sent in July, as well) from Inkwell Management, in general. :)

Currently, CD is considering a partial for another ms of mine.

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
She still has my full since 9/6/08. No news is good news?

lisalaura

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Andracill. Good luck on the partial! Does she always send a "got it" response when you send her materials? I'm a little worried that my partial didn't make it because I never heard back from her that she received it.

Marva - No news is definitely good news (at least that's what I keep telling myself!) especially on a full. Please keep us posted on how it turns out. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

JennyCP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennycoonpeterson.com
Yeah, I got a "got it" e-mail from her as well when sending my partial, so I'd maybe make sure she got yours. She's only had mine a few days now, but I can't help but obsessively check my e-mail.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
I didn't receive a "got it" email from her, but she did receive the partial because she later asked for a full. So, in my case, she didn't respond but it went through fine.

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
I never received a 'got it' for either partial (or the requested full). I usually assume they did get it, I guess :) If I haven't heard a thing after 2 months (on either partials or fulls), then I'll SQ with a simple, "Wanted to make sure you received this" type note.