Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
So... before I go, I would like to solicit suggestions for a new avatar. I really like the one I have, but I've had it for like four months already.

Something cute or something hawt.

If you can't choose between them...a cat-girl.

:D

(Seriously though, just pick what you want.)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Dangit, living on $9000 per year sucks for food cravings.

We live on £4500, I feel your pain. I also offer peanut butter on toast, but I fear it doesn't travel well.

ION cantina. I am a fiscal genius today!

Earlier this week I spotted a thing called 'Sketching by Numbers' which despite the hilarious title appeared to be a fairly smart idea if you are interested in learning to draw. I did a bit of twiddling with the graphics program earlier and discovered I could make my own. Huzzah! So that's a load of money I won't be tempted to spend.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Aw, crap. I'm gonna have to come up with a new chapter title.

I hate it when this happens. I use chapter titles like aide-memoirs, reminding me of what it is I'm supposed to be writing towards in a given chapter, and when that no longer works (as in this case) I have to find something else. Which is a lot harder to do retrospectively, I've discovered. Oh well. The alternative is sticking to the title and shoe-horning in the relevent action, but that never works. The story's the thing, not my idea of the speed at which it should flow. That's like telling a river what to do.

The difficulty is compounded because I deploy quotations at the beginning of each chapter, which do the same thing (kinda) as the title, so there's more work involved there too. The one ray of sunshine in this is that the chapter-and-quote I'm currently using will make a later appearance (the action referred to is too vital to discard, since it comprises a pivotal plot point), so all is not lost.

Even so - grrr, annoyance.

Matty C.

Lost in the Ninth Sector
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, crap. I'm gonna have to come up with a new chapter title.

I hate it when this happens. I use chapter titles like aide-memoirs, reminding me of what it is I'm supposed to be writing towards in a given chapter, and when that no longer works (as in this case) I have to find something else. Which is a lot harder to do retrospectively, I've discovered. Oh well. The alternative is sticking to the title and shoe-horning in the relevent action, but that never works. The story's the thing, not my idea of the speed at which it should flow. That's like telling a river what to do.

I do that too.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
New record for weirdest thing that gave me story ideas: An incredibly posh looking gentleman drinking coffee surrounded by chavs.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

So did y'all know that the ability to sleep is directly related to your ability to breathe, i.e., if you can't breathe it's very hard to sleep well? Yeah....

ION, the anime sections of my brain are all sorts of happy because I just found out that CLAMP had a love child with Blood+ and she is beautiful. :D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
ION, the anime sections of my brain are all sorts of happy because I just found out that CLAMP had a love child with Blood+ and she is beautiful. :D
Your brain has an entire anime section? Lucky. Mine only has a Doctor Who section and a strange door with "never again" written on it that I'm not allowed to open.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
You know, he actually did take his shirt off one episode.

Oh, yeah, a couple times, now. And don't think I didn't find those clips on Youtube and burn up my computer watching and rewatching them.

Pretty boys with no shirts, for the win!

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone

Hope all is well

I'm running on 3 hours sleep in the past 2 days......'tis a fabulous state of mind I'm in at the moment. Not sure if I want to laugh, cry, jump up and down, or run around screaming.

I kinda like it :D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
K, guys, I'm not going to be around the rest of the day. My head is too fuzzy to keep up with the conversation. I'll see ya'll around in the next couple days hopefully.

:Hug2: I <3 ya'll!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
K, guys, I'm not going to be around the rest of the day. My head is too fuzzy to keep up with the conversation. I'll see ya'll around in the next couple days hopefully.

:Hug2: I <3 ya'll!

Hugs, Kricket, go get better.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh - apple related ideas...

I just remembered that scene from A Life Less Ordinary.

Yeah. I know it isn't what you want. I'll be quiet now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.