Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3.3K written today. I hate Nano.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Made it to 30,000 :snoopy:extremely happy as I was starting to think I wouldn't get there tonight and really wanted too;) Ended up writing over 6,000 words today and just got it in with ten minutes to spare until midnight:hooray:

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
If you're struggling, take heart, I'm only at 18, 900 but am I quitting...? NEVER!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Have made notes on 12 of 15 readings for my exam... Just 3 more to go! I can do this! (It helps that I'm taking things in small chunks at a time. It's the only way I've been able to survive this semester.)

Taking a break now.

ETA: This is my 24,000th post on AW! Woo!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
All 15 readings have had notes made. Going to check out the PowerPoint slides from the lectures tomorrow... I'm certain there was stuff mentioned in lectures that weren't covered in those readings.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
24564 - about halfway to 50K at about halfway through November. Not going to win any speed awards, but it's really nice to be back in the habit of daily writing, and I'm still going strong.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

must. . .not. . .freak . . .
:mob :chair :mob

Uhh, you wrote 7.4K words in a day? :mob
I hate yewww. Now dish, what drugs are you on?

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
You guys impress me!

So far today I've got only 785 words typed up making it only 215 to go till I'm at 20,000 which I plan on getting done tonight.

I'm making such slow progress these days... *sighs*

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I'm out of the 20k's! :hooray: :PartySmil

Now I fee like I've got my momentum back. The 20k's always seem to drag for me.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Uhh, you wrote 7.4K words in a day? :mob
I hate yewww. Now dish, what drugs are you on?

No, my dear. In fourteen days. How many hours is that? 24 hours x 14 = a sh*tload of wasted hours w/ nothing to show for it.

What if I look at it from a different perspective. Okay, put another way, that equals out to, uhh, 350 words a day on average, or is my math off? Hang on--

7.4K / 14 hellish days = I'm screwed. Perhaps my problem is I'm not on drugs. Yet. The night is young.

:)

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, my dear. In fourteen days. How many hours is that? 24 hours x 14 = a sh*tload of wasted hours w/ nothing to show for it.

What if I look at it from a different perspective. Okay, put another way, that equals out to, uhh, 350 words a day on average, or is my math off? Hang on--

7.4K / 14 hellish days = I'm screwed. Perhaps my problem is I'm not on drugs. Yet. The night is young.

:)

My writing partner would recommend G&Ts, Red Bull, and cigs. I recommend tea, cookies, and tearing out the modem. :D

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
If you're struggling, take heart, I'm only at 18, 900 but am I quitting...? NEVER!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender, Foley! (Galaxy Quest reference anyone? no, just me?)

I finally got a little caught up with the word count tonight. 20k, YAY. It's a MIRACLE! Guess the whole, sit ass in chair and just write advice I see all over these boards have truth to them haha.

I found that going into my character's thoughts to explain confusing plot points and let them explain it to me through dialogue is really helpful. And that concludes tonight's segment of "What I learned during NaNo is..."