Does agent favouriting #PitMad tweet a week after Pitmad is over still count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a super awesome agent favourite one of my #PitMad twitter pitches - a full week after the competition finished. Does that mean she just likes my tweet or that, as the rules of the competition stated, she is favouriting it to say she wants me to send her pages? On her website it says she is closed to 'unsolicited materials' at the moment, and a few months ago another agent personally recommended her to me but there hasn't been a reply to the query I sent yet, just an automated message saying she's closed to queries.

I don't know!

Last edited:

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
Yes, it means she wants to see it. Agents are probably still going through the massive amount of pitches from last week. Send in that partial! She's intrigued! Oh—in the subject line of the email make sure to tell her it's not just an ordinary query. Something like: Pitmad Request: TITLE OF BOOK.

Last edited:

Gringa

Registered
Reaction score
She threw you a ball, throw yours back! Good luck!

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a super awesome agent favourite one of my #PitMad twitter pitches - a full week after the competition finished. Does that mean she just likes my tweet or that, as the rules of the competition stated, she is favouriting it to say she wants me to send her pages? On her website it says she is closed to 'unsolicited materials' at the moment, and a few months ago another agent personally recommended her to me but there hasn't been a reply to the query I sent yet, just an automated message saying she's closed to queries.

I don't know!

Send away, LadyA. It means a request (esp. for that agent who I think I know you're talking about). She does look at #Pitmad pitches after the contest is over. SO thrilled for you and that book!!!! :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I think she meant to request, but even if she didn't, what harm would there be in querying her with a mention of the favorited pitch? Make sure to put #pitmad in the header, since she doesn't accept unsolicited queries.

I have a guess on the agent as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.