What are you reading?

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I picked up the first three "Mortal Instruments" books and... I just haven't stopped. I bought the new "Mortal Instruments" book when it came out, and bought the first two "Infernal Devices" books when they came out.

Once I'm done with Clockwork, I'm planning on tackling the Song of Ice and Fire series. I have the first four in a box set sitting on my bookshelf and I haven't started reading them yet.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Left my copy of A Prayer For Owen Meany at my cousin's house in Vermont :( It was just starting to get really good, too.

Oh well, until I get that back, I'll be reading I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe. Expecting good things.

Kiel

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished reading a biography on Ken Dodd. Interesting man, especially when you read about his obsession with money. 84 years old and still touring and doing 3+ hours a night.

Luciamaria

Registered
Reaction score
Literature!

A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens; The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, by Brontë.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
60 pages into Stone Arabia by Dana Spiotta.

Had to set Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid aside to let my ribs heal from laughing so much.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
The Sisters Who Would be Queen: Mary, Katherine, and Lady Jane Grey: A Tudor Tragedy by Leanda de Lisle.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray. It is about the life of Cleopatra Selene, daughter of Mark Antony and and Cleopatra VII after the death of her parents. Beautifully written story, couldn't put it down. I finished it and picked up the second book (it will be a trilogy) the same day.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory, though I'm not too fond of the way she interprets her history (I actually despised The Other Boelyn Girl), her books are eminently readable. After that I have the first two Thursday Next novels primed for reading.

I've been trying to find some old Stephen King (thanks to that thread in the AW 'Roundtable) and of course all the ones I wanted to read were checked out so in the mean time maybe I can make some headway on these others.

Last edited:

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
At the library tonight, picked up The Odds by Stewart O'Nan on a whim.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Finished The Sixes by Kate White...interesting.
Next is Legend by Marie Lu. Can't wait!

LadyVonFright

Registered
Reaction score
im currently re-reading watermelon by marion keyes, i love her writing