Share Your Successes!

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Nice one Paradise Squandered.

Family are the hardest sell, I find. They are full of empty promises to buy the book! Hope you win her over with your awesome prose.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of the awesome authors on here and your various successes! I applaud every one of you.

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
There's been a lot going on lately. On April 1st I released the 4th book in my Big Lake series, Big Lake Blizzard, on Amazon. Within 24 hours it was ranked #37 on Amazon’s mystery, police procedural list. This evening it has fallen to #99. It’s sold about 350 copies so far between Amazon and Smashwords.

I also uploaded Big Lake, the first book in the series, to ACX, which is Audible.com’s production branch. Audible is an Amazon company. Yesterday, on the weekly list of books available for narration that they send to their narrators, it was listed as the #1 hot new release and they offered a $100/hour (up to $2500) stipend to attract narrators. So far I’ve received about 25 auditions and am listening to them. I’ve found three possible candidates so far.

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I just hit 1,000 sales for Blizzard since it was released April 1st.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
I started a new project... So I am no longer on writers block... :)
Also my blog is getting lots of hits and I just started it. I have over 500+ page-views already! (Though the public counters don't work)

Creative_Solitude

All the world's a stage...
Registered
Reaction score
My second book went live just over a week ago and 56 copies of it have sold thus far. It gave a bump in sales of my first book as well. That one was released on March 29 and then the second one on April 20th. That's a total of 80 sales this month with zero promotion.

So for my first foray into self-publishing, not too shabby.

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
A new book in a series always brings up sales for the previous books. It's one of the great things about a series.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Death Bytes, a YA/Fantasy, should be out tomorrow (May 1st) courtesy of ExtasyBooks.com. I had a terrific cover designer, Carmen Waters, and a couple of excellent editors to work with. Wish me luck!

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck JSF!

April has been a good sales month, almost as good as February and better than March. Up to just over 1800 sales, with most of them being this year. Think I might get the champers out when I have my 2000th sale. :)

LOTLOF

Registered
Reaction score
My debut novel, The (sort of) Dark Mage, went on sale on April fifth, so tomorrow will be the 30th day it's been available and mark one month.

As of right now I have sold 566 ebooks and thirteen paperbacks. My royalties are in the neighborhood of $1,070. My original goal was to get just ten sales, my secondary goal was a hundred. So needless to say I am extremely happy with how it has done so far.

While not much by trade publishing standards, as an amateur writer I am really satisfied.

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's very good for a first novel. You should be very proud.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you've self-published you are no longer an amateur. You're a publishing professional.

Congratulations on your sales.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
My debut novel, The (sort of) Dark Mage, went on sale on April fifth, so tomorrow will be the 30th day it's been available and mark one month.

As of right now I have sold 566 ebooks and thirteen paperbacks. My royalties are in the neighborhood of $1,070. My original goal was to get just ten sales, my secondary goal was a hundred. So needless to say I am extremely happy with how it has done so far.

While not much by trade publishing standards, as an amateur writer I am really satisfied.

How wonderful! Congrats! :)
That's quite a remarkable first month.

LOTLOF

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

Now to work on book two and just keep trying to improve and build the fan base.

Judy Koot

WordDreamer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@LOTLOF: congratulations on your debut (and wonderful sales numbers).
Also congrats to the others.
Very inspiring!