cow eats money and poops it

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
They have those cow magnets to catch metal stuff - for some reason, the cow magnet doesn't get pooped out, even though it's indigestible. I guess it's too heavy?

(this is tangential to the main discussion, I know, but now I'm just thinking about cow digestive systems!)

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
Huh, live and learn. I'd heard of magnets (very large ones) in factories processing grain - to grab all metal rubbish before the grain goes into the mill, but not actually in a cow.

Thewitt

Registered
Reaction score
They have those cow magnets to catch metal stuff - for some reason, the cow magnet doesn't get pooped out, even though it's indigestible. I guess it's too heavy?

(this is tangential to the main discussion, I know, but now I'm just thinking about cow digestive systems!)

Cow magnets can be passed, but it's not common. Cows are not particularly smart animals and when they graze they will eat any odd bits of metal that happen to be in the pasture. Along fence lines this is typically lots barbs off barb-wire fencing. It can also include fencing nails and really anything they pick up with the grass.

These bits of metal can pass through the walls of the first stomach and cause major issues - even death. The cow magnet grabs all these bits and keeps them from being pushed around in the first stomach.

They are passed on occasion, but it can be a very painful process for the cow and cause damage as well if there is much "junk" attached to the magnet.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huh, live and learn. I'd heard of magnets (very large ones) in factories processing grain - to grab all metal rubbish before the grain goes into the mill, but not actually in a cow.

They're also really handy if you want to attach the cow to a fridge.

For any reason.

Casey Karp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
koiscribblings.com
They're also really handy if you want to attach the cow to a fridge.

Note: Do not try this trick with a consumer-grade refrigerator. Use a professional walk-in model, unless you want the cow to walk out of the house with the fridge stuck to her back.

Budget tip: If you can't afford a walk-in fridge, simply make sure to invert the cow before sticking it to the fridge door.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Budget tip: If you can't afford a walk-in fridge, simply make sure to invert the cow before sticking it to the fridge door.
Why do they never put these tips in the manuals?? I suppose they make money on the call-outs.

Last edited: