Picture of the Month Writing Prompt

JadedSidhe

Registered
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask, if not, would someone please move it to the appropriate section?

I have ran a thread on another site for some time now and it's been fun to do so and at least one person has had their flash fiction piece published in an E-Zine.

I post a picture and those that want to participate write short stories (or flash fiction), even poetry based off of the picture.

Would something like that fit in here on AW or is there something like it already running or perhaps someone tried it before and it died?

If it is something that would be welcome here, would I need permission to start something like that and where would I put it as it's for all genres?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Moved from AW History.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are several writing prompt threads here in the Share Your Work section. I used to be a regular in the Writing For Kids monthly prompts. We have a Photo Caption thread, but not a photo writing prompt thread. I think one would be fun, and I think the Writing for Kids one has a good format, where the prompt is posted in that forum and people post their stories to Share Your Work for comments and input. If thr mods don't object I'd be all for it.