Not open for further replies.

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com
As of today:

Waiting on edits and critiques for my short story about Daphne and Apollo (preparing it for an anthology release by the end of the year), working on adding a sensual scene to a friend's work (she needs some help with it), beginning another short story about Hephaestus, Aphrodite, and Aglaia for a different anthology, and getting the bare bones in place for an erotic romance double feature about the births of Theseus and Hercules. Oh, and I'm desperately trying to rewrite my author bio so I sound a bit more like me and a professional - we'll see how that goes!

So, yes, I have a lot of irons in the proverbial fire. I think I like it this way as I always have something different to play around with when I get stuck.

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com
I'm working on a sci-fi romance for camp NaNoWriMo. I've had the story around for a while, but never could get it wrote down. I'm revamping characters as I go, and I've got one big problem. My leading lady prefers her sidearm to the romantic interest at the moment. I think I'm going to have to roll with this and hope her emotions level out at some point.

I love this!

Even if she doesn't fall for the hero as strongly as she does for her weapon, I'll still read it. Besides, when has a man ever been as devoted or as ready to defend and protect her when she needs it as her gun?

Don't know if you ever watched Firefly, but this is the clip for you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdIx6Ekqd88

Renee J

Registered
Reaction score
I finished my first draft a few weeks ago. I'm going to start the second draft in a week or so. I'm giving myself time to refresh my brain before starting it.

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Currently, I just finished my short story about World War 1 Injured German solider and his nurse for a client.

kkwalker

Registered
Reaction score
1. I'm doing a massive rewrite on a lesbian romance novel.
2. Working on an Urban Fantasy where technology/science meets high elves.
3. Trying to come up with a short story to submit for a contest--and short story format just isn't my thing. Not enough detail.
4. Wondering if my writing is really as bad as all the rejections seem to indicate and if I should just let it go. :/

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Not to derail as this does pertain to the topic after the ramble:

4. Wondering if my writing is really as bad as all the rejections seem to indicate and if I should just let it go. :/

Ponder this. If this is in reference to a specific project maybe that project has some "fatal flaw" you just aren't seeing.

I had this happen recently when querying in search of a new agent.

I love the project, love the premise and characters as do my CPs but the queries have met with dead silence. Mostly no reply at all silence with 2 form letter Rs. I haven't gotten that total lack of interest in ages.

But one editor who I've subbed to before was kind enough to offer a comment. It was the whack upside the head type that made me see the flaw.

Don't let the self doubt get in the way.

I've cut the fatally flawed part, redone the opening and am rewriting in a different POV for the main character. <--told you the ramble was relevant ;)

Shall

Too Much Plot, No Substance
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actively working on three books. Two are romances and the other one can be considered a mixture of women's fiction and family drama.

I have many unfinished stories so if I think about a way to further those stores, I will sometimes work on them.

I have a short attention span. I would probably go crazy if I had to focus on one book at a time. I just make sure the books I write during the same period are different so there will be no story contamination.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mashing the good parts of two drafts of a novel into a really good third draft. It's about a lawyer who's been grieving the death of his husband and trying to move on with his life when he meets an incredibly attractive actor/waiter.

kkwalker

Registered
Reaction score
@BarbaraSheridan Grats! Hope this submit goes better.

Now working on the short story for a submit in 2 months. Hopefully that's enough time to sculpt it the way I want.

Feldkamp

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely not working on finishing the last two chapters of my current novella, like I should be. I can't function without distraction though.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on the sequel to Leashed (erotic m/f/m romance), but my heart's not into it at the moment.

The WIP my heart is *really* into is a contemporary m/f romantic comedy (no sex - gasp! - or just brief mention). And I'm really, really hoping there's still a good market for RomComs. I've heard mixed opinions. :Shrug:

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm working on the editing of the third novel in a series. Supposed to be the last one...we'll see. :D

Also slowly working on a draft of a short thing, maybe 20-25k long. The idea arrived fully formed in my head a few days ago while snoozing in bed on my holidays. One problem - no happy ending, so though it's got romance and plenty of sex, it's not technically Romance. But I can think of a couple of places I can submit it to.

indwig

I stole your cheeseburger
Registered
Reaction score
I've got two sort of main projects: one involves a fatally injured guy in an alternate universe who's forced to trek through his world in search of a miracle cure, and the other's about another guy who's trying to seduce a woman that's not really into him.

Then I've got two other things that I haven't actually worked on in ages: one tells the story of a bodyguard to a foreign dignitary and his struggles with all their foreign secrets (including the dignitary's lesbian affair with her advisor/PA), and the other's meant to be an erotic novel about a maid who finds herself falling for her boss (the only problem is I haven't actually got around to any of the erotica).

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
I am writing a story about a middle aged widow who begins to lease rooms out in her house. One of her tenants is an aging prostitute who manages to talk my character into becoming a sex worker. The house eventually becomes a brothel.

:hat:

Hey love the sound of that one, very interesting. Currently I'm writing a paranormal romance about a crazy witch and her hamster Robbie that's her familiar, along with Dennis a goblin turned rat and Wolfe her vampire soul mate, its just a pity he doesn't agree with her LOL

s.j.l

Registered
Reaction score
I'm editing two shorts at the moment and about to start writing another one. My longer WIP are what I really want to work on but they're all like pulling teeth :( I'm hoping after I get enough shorts out to satisfy my writer I can go back to them and hammer them out as smoothly as I do these.

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
Currently trying to get through the first draft of my follow up novel. It's been slow going since I can't seem to keep focus for long. :(

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
I'm planning to enter Entangled's first 100 words contest tomorrow, so it would help if I polished up the paranormal M/F I'll be sending them. After that, it's back to the shapeshifter M/M set in Philadelphia. The hardest part about that is driving into the city to do research. The traffic, gah!

One of the heroes of the M/M is a half European dragon/half Asian dragon shifter. Does that make it interracial?

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
While there's almost (almost) always a love story in my stories, this is the first time the love story took center stage, as it were in the new story I started yesterday as an exercise to get back into the writing game after months away from it. So here I am taking a moment to organize my overly excited thoughts and ideas by browsing absolute write before I dive back into my first fantasy romance. It's so much fun! :D

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
NA paranormal (sci-fi?) suspense novella where my MC gets sent back in time when she infiltrates an abandoned hotel in Detroit. Short version: everyone died, then, under mysterious circumstances; everyone, including her, may die now if she doesn't figure out who did it and why. I'm debating including a romance, but I have a really great lady friendship going on that I don't want to disrupt for a half-hearted romance.

Revising a lesbian romance novel where one of the protags is a jeweler and the other is a jewel thief masquerading as a private investigator. I'm really in love with the story, but I've just realized how much I need to add to it to bring it up to par. I'll probably sit on it a while longer.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I am about 1/3 of the way into my new novel - which is the first of a trilogy. I feel like I'm finally getting a feel for my characters and the story flow so I'm excited to get to work on it tonight.

Dr-I-Know-All

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing the 4th draft of my Fantasy romance novel, 'On the Third Side of a Coin'. It's all about how the enemies of the story, the Rebel leader and the King, get stuck together and eventually fall in love while a civil war is in their back yard.

I'm also drafting a Tragedy where reckless prince of a society of winged humans was disinherited and banished by his father for an attempt on his younger brother's life. Leaving his betrothed in his old home and promising to return for her, he leaves and returns years later, leading the warring nation against the kingdom which holds the girl he loves.

Josie Cloos

Registered
Reaction score
In my own head most of the time, but I take jaunts
I'm working on what I'm calling a love story. (I always have trouble categorizing my stories.) Tonight I spent about an hour moving things to where they need to be. It was tedious as all hell, but I'm glad to have it done.

I'm hoping to get in some actual writing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.