Writers Association for Mainstream Writers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
So I did a forum search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. After two hours of clicking through threads, I gave up and figured I'd just ask.

I would really love to join a writers' association like RWA or SCBWI or SFWA. But I don't write romance or sci-fi (I wish I could!), and the fact that the book I'm querying happens to be YA is sort of a fluke (it should make it a really FUN book to try to sell, sigh). I really write adult literary mainstream. Every time I try to google for such an association, I end up down a rabbit hole of local writing groups and links to RWA.

Is there a place for us? Or am I a genreless hopeless case?

Last edited:

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
The Writers' Guild of America does have some benefits. If you're female, try Pen Women - I'm not a member and don't know much about them but you can research online.

tammay

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... it looks like Novelists, Inc. requires at least 2 published novels to join and Pen Women requires a sponsor and endorser. Definitely not for beginning writers...

Tam

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
The Writers' Guild of America does have some benefits. If you're female, try Pen Women - I'm not a member and don't know much about them but you can research online.

I'll have to look into the Writers' Guild--I had kind of avoided it because I'm still in the "I will be published someday because I'm not giving up that easily but I'm not there yet" kind of stage.

Pen Women sounds interesting. Per the other poster's comment, I'll have to do some research there, too. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.