So what's for dinner?

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken fatet. I've been getting into Middle Eastern cuisine these last few years, mostly because it's not on TV a lot or something there are a lot of cookbooks for. I probably did it all wrong, but I prefer to think of it as making the recipe my own.

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Last night was mashed potatoes and hamburger hash.

scribofelidae

New(ish) kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
scribofelidae.wordpress.com
I got a pack of split wings from the grocery store yesterday and I plan to roast and then sauce 'em and serve with carrots and celery and some dip.

Tomorrow possibly risotto, with chorizo, peppers, chicken stock and wine. We'll see.

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
We had leftovers last night. Leftover night is usually either Friday or Saturday night cause by then I am TIRED of cooking and/or we have a butt-load of food in the fridge from the week. Butt-load = LOTS. lol

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Korean spicy pork belly, bulgogi and rice. Awesomeness.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
sushi risotto made with chicken fond (from yesterday's baked chicken), garlic, onions, curry spices, peas, currants and cubed chicken (also from yesterday's baked chicken)

Japaninditalian cousine

It smells like thanksgiving stuffing make with tandoori chicken

Seems I mismeasured the amount of fat from the fond. I drained mine off. My wife kept mixing hers in. Rice texture was spot on for risotto. I wanted more spice. She said hers was fine.

Sushi rice does not absorb as much fat as long grain

Last edited:

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Today's special is chunk o pig...it will have to be deboned at which point from the bones I can determine which chunk. I think it's a shoulder.

Risotto as a side and brussel sprouts...haven't decided if I have the energy to sautee some zuchini

thebird

Registered
Reaction score
I made a Chicago-style deep dish pizza; my first try at it!

Turned out pretty good, I think. :)

Mmmm...pizza. I'm pretty much obsessed with pizza. Have you ever seen the cookbook Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day? It's my go-to cookbook for crusts.

thebird

Registered
Reaction score
Spinach and potato pancakes.

My husband loves potato pancakes, but I just don't understand them. Isn't it basically like having a plate of french fries for dinner? So the only way I can eat them with a clear conscience is to mix in spinach or zucchini.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Our neighborhood will be without water this evening for repair to a main so we are going to a Mennonite restaurant. It is called Essenhaus, I believe. It is east on Highway 50 in a town called Arlington, population maybe 500.

Around here it is either Mennonite or Mexican. Not sure what we will have but it is a nice spring evening and a treat to eat out on a school night. --s6

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Broiled shrimp marinated in lime juice, white wine, black pepper, roasted garlic, olive oil & fish sauce and baked potatoes.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
The trip to the cafe was great. I had a chopped steak topped w/ onions and mushrooms, mashed potatoes, salad and bread pudding with pecan praline sauce--all for under $8/ Annie had the famous farmer sandwich-- a hamburger patty on homemade bread with a slice of cheese and a slice of ham--like a ham and cheese sandwich with a hamburger tucked in the middle. Served with sweet potato fries it is still under 5$.

Tonight not so good-- lunch meat sandwiches and bananas. the bread goes to the birds tomorrow--s6

Colchise

Loving you...waiting for you.
Registered
Reaction score
London Broil sandwiches on toasted sesame-seed buns w/bacon, lettuce, and cheese, onion-mayo mixed with BBQ sauce and hot sauce.

For dessert--my favorite--Butter pecan ice cream with bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.