amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Thanks everyone! I need to go back and rep....

Hey Gina, is this your first publication besides like, short stories and stuff?

Yup. I only have sold one short story to an anthology that should be out later this year. Oh, and I have a flash fiction coming out in a charity anthology, too.

:banana::banana::banana:

Do take your time to make sure the contract is acceptable. Are you contacting the agent to let her know you've got an offer and to stop looking or to see if she wants to rep you?

Yeah, contacting the agent is a task for today. I was a bit too :eek: to do it last night. And yes, I'll be looking over the contract, too.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*suffers from a severe case of writer doubt*

Seriously. I'm not throwing out or deleting anything, because I am too OCD to ever delete files, but what is the point? I'm just kidding myself if I think I'll ever achieve anything. Second language is just not good enough :(

:Hug2:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: for Gina! Congrats!

:Hug2: for 10. This too shall pass.

And :Hug2: for bettie. Such a terrible scam. Stuff like that makes it so hard to trust people.

Hello all!

Mr. K has an ear infection. Joyous. But I am Woman! Hear me Roar and watch me DO ALL THE THINGS! But, if this continues tomorrow, I'm calling in back up.

Well I better get to work while Baby naps and Little K is occupied with a movie.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
This made me :D so I'm sharing.

425022_458029660885081_696108064_n.jpg

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so hot. So very hot... it's terrible. And I can't use my fan because it sounds like a wounded speedboat motor when it's running and that would drive me crazy.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
*offers ali some of her coffee*

*accepts with gratitude*

Given that the internal exam I had at the doctors earlier was a lot more painful than I was hoping for (although shorter as well so there is an upside), please may I have a double whisky to go with it? *adds extra drama llama to her coffee*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a chicken with its head cut off smiley.

Dude. :mad: I come here to Escape work!

:tongue

Uh... gais?

That m/m erotic paranormal romance I wrote?

It was just accepted by a publisher.

:eek:

I need to read over stuff and think and everything. You know, once I stop looking like :eek:. Oh, and contact the agent who asked for the partial. But again, I think once I stop :eek:ing.

(Yes, the pub is a decent one. I started my time on AW lurking in BR&BC.)

:e2woo:

Seriously. I'm not throwing out or deleting anything, because I am too OCD to ever delete files, but what is the point? I'm just kidding myself if I think I'll ever achieve anything. Second language is just not good enough :(

Dude. What the others said. You are awesome.

And where's my Castle p0rn?

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for having two ideas that are basically the same story with certain aspects, namely one character, different.

*sigh* Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Given that the internal exam I had at the doctors earlier was a lot more painful than I was hoping for (although shorter as well so there is an upside), please may I have a double whisky to go with it? *adds extra drama llama to her coffee*

Is honey whiskey okay?

Seriously, this bottle is huge. Between getting tipsy on rare occasions and offloading it on others at every available opportunity, I still have the equivalent of 16 shots left.

The med student who always does mine skips the internal exam because she has to use a pediatric-sized spec. I suddenly feel very fortunate.

I'm so hot. So very hot... it's terrible. And I can't use my fan because it sounds like a wounded speedboat motor when it's running and that would drive me crazy.

... :roll:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

Uh... gais?

:eek:

I need to read over stuff and think and everything. You know, once I stop looking like :eek:. Oh, and contact the agent who asked for the partial. But again, I think once I stop :eek:ing.

(Yes, the pub is a decent one. I started my time on AW lurking in BR&BC.)

Congratulations!!!

You are a great writer. And:

Writer Doubt is normal and rampant. I'm sure we all suffer it at one point or another.

Sometimes multiple points.

That said, I've read some of you stuff and you write exceptionally well. Quality isn't an issue.

If you're frustrated about the publishing process, well that's something completely out of our hands. Finding and agent and/or publisher is just as much about timing as anything else. You might have the next great novel, but this may not be the right time for it. Or you may have a silly little story that an agent will suddenly think, "Oh my GLOB! Want!" But we don't know, so all we can do is just keep putting our ideas on paper, submit them to the Powers That Be, and hope that eventually they get noticed.

All while keeping in mind that we aren't alone in our struggle up The Big Hill of Writing.

What CM said. Truth.

Dude. :mad: I come here to Escape work!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I need a chicken with its head cut off smiley.
Erm... should I ask why or.....?

I'm not gonna ask why.

Uh... gais?

:partyguy: congrats!

well, I spoke to my parental unit... and it seems they got scammed. Someone called from Texas claiming to be my nephew. He said he had an accident and needed money. They sent it. Nephew wasn't in Texas, he was in Oklahoma where he belonged....

oh, and the fools called again and tried to scam them again!! Mom didn't think to play along and catch them - she just hung up. She's nervous now. If they have their phone #, I'm afraid they'll find their address. They're going to report it to the police and to the ... attorney general or something, I don't remember what he said. The sherriff's told them to call whoever it was.... They might be able to trace the phone records.
That's awful. Can the police do anything to get your mum's money back? :Hug2:

:Hug2: This is an emergency. Someone turn on the chocolate fountain while I defrost Ed from the E-Z-Freeze.

That's not weird, unless I'm weird too, and we all know that's not the case :D

We are all well aware that 10s the most sane and normal person in the Cantina. Yes indeedy. :D

Afternoon folks. It is super-hot, I tells ya.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Do you not have the saying there, "I feel like a chicken with its head cut off?"

Means super omg busy. :(

Heading out for RWA. Later, all! :D

You mean "running around like a headless chicken"? Suddenly, sense. This makes it.

I am CLEARLY too hungry to be in the Cantina.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, chickens run so well sans heads.

A family friend many years ago decided to slaughter his first rooster. He decided to do the deed in the garage for whatever reason- screen from neighbors, access to a table, less flies, whatever, who knows.

He chooses to decapitate the chicken, because he knows thats what you should do to kill a chicken (there are other ways, but he prolly didn't know that)

No one told him to tie up the legs or why.

Next thing he knows, a headless chicken is running around his garage, getting blood everywhere. He thinks the chicken is possessed, and in a panic goes for his shotgun.

He blew at least three holes in his car.

It would have been cheaper to dine out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.