Virtual Book Tours

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
I have seen quite a few Virtual Book Tour companies out there and the prices vary.

I was wondering if any of you have used a particular company, and what the results were? thanks

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There are several threads which discuss these tours. I've just searched for the phrase and have been given a few pages of results. Here are a few of them:

Book Blog Tour Comparison

Blog Hops

Blog Tours?

Blog tours

Are there any particular companies you have your eye on? If you can be more specific you might get responses from people who've used the companies you name.

thenewbie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wrote a really long post in regards to this. You can see it here! http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8875422#post8875422

I would copy and paste it, but I'm not sure if that's okay. You have to be really careful about the touring company you go with. I've spent a ton of money, and I have tried out a lot of them. Many of them with disappointing results. I've experienced daily missed tour stops, no responses to emails sent about the missed stops, etc. Fire and Ice Book Tours is really reliable, though.

Another thing I've learned. You might come across a touring company that seems to schedule a lot of tour stops... It looks great, but how many of those bloggers are actually posting? I tried out one of those touring companies... And I might have four tour stops listed for the day, but only one of them would actually post the tour stuff. When I'd email, I'd never get a response back... And the tour stops that didn't post were still left on the schedule.

Hope that helps!

ElizabethWright

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
For those of us who write children s books. Just to let you know I emailed Fire and Ice re my book a few days ago "We don't tour children's books very often" was the reply.

Last edited:

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I think it depends on the publication and what audience you intend to aim towards, but I think it could definitely be helpful.

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
I emailed Fire/Ice and received an invoice, then I wrote back stating that I wanted them to send me an invoice the following week when I got paid. I just reconsidered. I never heard back. That is their prerogative, and I respect that. They probably thought I was a flake, but an unexpected expense popped up.

Anyway, I have booked with Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours, and I can tell you I have been quite pleased with them thus far. The 4 week tour is scheduled for next month. It puts me on 15 blogs, is giving me 9 reviews, 2 guest author spots, and 3 interviews. Amy Bruno who is the coordinator has been GREAT! It was not a "takes your money, then nothing" type of operation.

I don't know if it will result in sales, but it should result in exposure as I checked the rating of the various blogs on their tours. I have found several tour companies that will book with blogs that have NO readership whatsoever. But they don't care as it fills a post and they collect the money.

Thus far I am very happy... just thought I would update. Thanks