Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
This weekend was a bit of a bust - seems to have filled up with non-writing activities.

However, I did manage to get amendments to two chapters in, before it's back to the EDJ tomorrow.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Great progress, all, especially with the interruptions the weekends tend to bring. (We got all our firewood stacked, hooray! Not a bad time to write, actually...as long as I don't mind keeping it all in my head.)

2191 today. I've been blowing a lot of stuff up. It's been fun. :D

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my furniture to arrive from Prague (hopefully in about an hour) and then I'll have my laptop table and sofa back. So looking forward to actually sitting down and writing again, especially since I think I've finally figured an opening for the book.

However, as yet, still no words.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
1,298 words yesterday!

Zelenka - I hope you get your furniture and can write again!

lizmonster - Excellent wordcount!

Shara - Hugs. I know that feeling.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2cheer: You guys are doing great!

(I'm still pondering...)
How's the pondering going, HJ?:Hug2:

This weekend was a bit of a bust - seems to have filled up with non-writing activities.

However, I did manage to get amendments to two chapters in, before it's back to the EDJ tomorrow.
This is the start of a new week, Shara, and hopefully, a new word count.;)
2191 today. I've been blowing a lot of stuff up. It's been fun. :D
Yay for blowing up stuff.:evil

Zelenka, I hope the furniture arrived okay.

1,298 words yesterday!
:hooray:

Yes, muse, back to the grindstone. But it was nice of you to take time out to help your friend.

Just wrapped up the bar scene with Larsen and Kelli, (yay!), and have a whopping 702 words for the day, so far.

Turns out helping a friend actually ended up helping me. Leaving the WIP alone for a bit musta shook something loose because I managed to get a word count of 1,573.:banana:

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Today has been a great day. I've wrote many words and finished the first draft of the novel. So from two months from now I should be writing draft two.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, everyone! I wrote a few paragraphs and am hoping to kill off this scene tonight. Without actually killing... oops. Forgot about that guy. Never mind. :D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Good to see everyone getting words! :D

Even though it was a nutty day at work, which started as soon as I got to work at 0700 and didn't slow down until I left at 1600, I still managed to get 501 words on the WIP! :snoopy: On top of that, the WIP is now at 10,093 words! :hooray:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Zelenka, I think you're entitled to a little slack on the words right now. I hope you settle in quickly and easily.

Saoirse, great words - I hope that means your wrist is not giving you too much trouble. muse - isn't it great when things start moving again?

Bravo on word counts! And congratulations, Mr Mitchell, on having a first draft! Glad to see your WIP is zipping along nicely, Ken.

Namatu, you got anybody named Alex, Kate, or Valeria?

2416 tonight. I was waiting on a Lugubrious Work Thing to finish, and I got on a roll. One of those sections that I already know will need to be retooled a bit...but the direction is more or less right.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
At 17,500 in the NaNo project(s). I should have known that giving my creepy character time as the 1st person POV narrator would lead to lots of words. :D

I'm beginning to think that 1st person POV is my preferred writing style. It certainly lends itself well to strong narrator characters.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome everyone!

lizmonster - Yep, it seems to be doing fine now, thank God. :D

985 words yesterday and a HUGE plot hole I need to fill. Ugh.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
985 words yesterday and a HUGE plot hole I need to fill. Ugh.

Hate pot holes! Especially when I have to deal with that smelly asphalt to fill them. Oh! You said plot holes, not pot holes. Never mind. :tongue

Nice wordage, everyone.

TheIT, it looks like you're kicking that WIP's butt. Keep it up! :D

No words for me today, so far. Lot's of issues going on at the day job, thanks to Corporate pushing out a McAfee upgrade without telling anyone, much less testing it before they pushed it. Causing tons of problems with our e-mail. :(

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crazy day, haven't had a chance to sit down until now. Will write later.

Great word count everyone. :Clap:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Deleted three dozen and wrote another 350-odd. Not a great day for word count but my first words for a few days, so trying to be positive about that.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Deleted three dozen and wrote another 350-odd. Not a great day for word count but my first words for a few days, so trying to be positive about that.

That's a shade better than I did for the day, but might have done more if not for the day job. A meager 58 words, but I did start a new chapter. :D Hoping for more tonight after work.

ETA: A whopping 125 words for the day. :( Cest' la vie. Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
All words is words, Ken & onesecondglance! Just keep swimming. ;)

Ken - ;) on the pot holes.

1,228 words and plot hole successfully filled. Whewwww.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2114 today. Hard time shutting up the inner editor these days. I keep thinking "Wow, this might not be bad once I've had some time to fix it."

Also, I feel like I'm neglecting the rest of my life. I think there are other people in my house, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll check in December.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Words are flowing today. :D 555 so far this morning and the WIP is at 10772! Slower at the day job today, so hope to get more. Just wrapped up a scene, and most of that was dialog, which isn't the easiest thing to write.

Nice wordage Saoirse and lizmonster! :D

ETA: Up to 806, which isn't a lot more, but I'll take it. (Running out of words, so I have to resupply.) WIP is now over 11K! :D (11076)

Last edited:

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a 2,000-word short story over the past few days. I'm not very good at short stories, but had an idea and just went with it to see what happened. I'm happy with it, though it definitely needs work. And it was fun to do something that's not MTS at all.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:Clap: for progress!

I'm bowing out of November. Given the split with my agent, I deserve a break and some chocolate. Hopefully I'll be writing again after the holidays. :)

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:Clap: for progress!

I'm bowing out of November. Given the split with my agent, I deserve a break and some chocolate. Hopefully I'll be writing again after the holidays. :)

Lots of chocolate, HJ. :D

After the holidays? That's a long time not to be writing, but then I'm sure the family will be keeping you busy over the next month and a half. :flag: What you really need is a sabbatical, get away from it all. :e2cloud9:

Update on wordage for the day. The workday is coming to an end soon, and for some reason I seem to get more writing done on the WIP at work than at home, at least lately. So, today's final word tally is, drumroll please...................892! Bringing the WIP total to 11109!

Yeah, I know, not astronomical numbers, but you try writing at your day job. :tongue No excuses, but it was also 90% dialog! *ack*

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all be Rockin'! I've buried in the final edits of my soon to be published second in the series thingy for the past few days. Haven't revisited the ol' WIP in awhile, but should be back on track there soon.