• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silver Leaf Books / Creative Strategists

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if there is an update on this publisher? They still list a publishing service on their webpage, but they claim an average print order of 3000 which is encouraging. Has anyone published with them lately or has new information?

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I just wanted to know if there is an update on this publisher? They still list a publishing service on their webpage, but they claim an average print order of 3000 which is encouraging. Has anyone published with them lately or has new information?

There are claims, and there are claims. Personally, I wouldn't recommend them - for one thing, their website has an emphasis on the author doing much of the marketing.

Provide marketing information, including any information that you have accumulated about the audience for your books and suggest ways that both you and SLB can reach these people. This should also include facts about how and to whom your book can be successfully marketed...

I don't plan on suggesting ways my publisher can reach readers. That's my publisher's job. If I have to explain their job to them, I might as well just go it alone and keep all the royalties.

The Nondisclosure Agreement regarding ideas is, as Victoria mentioned, completely non-standard.

They specify that "artwork will be the responsibility of the author."

Silver Leaf Books offers those authors who successfully advance through the submission process a 4-title contract.

Four titles? With a press that can't even provide cover art?

For me, updates or new information would have to be drastically good to make up for all the red flags.