XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I chose the wrong moment to wander back into the cantina, obviously.

Did not. Welcome back, stranger.

It's really difficult to type when the only light you have is the light of your laptop screen :(

Is not. Take this moment to learn to type proper. Whiner.

What??? Your pity party isn't in the dong garden. No sympathy!

Seriously though, I used to type in the dark lots, in the pre iPhone, pre my-touch-keyboard-glows, days.

In other news, I just edited my novellaette. Well, I think it was a short story, at 8.7k words, but I added 350, so it's a novellaette again. Doh. But the voice is friggen awesome. *hugs only good story I have*

Now off for betaing!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Achievement unlocked: repairing window screen!

This is one I tore being over exuberant when cutting back my forsythia last spring. But now I can also fix the ones the cats have put holes in by scratching.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
And that's how I ended up in the hospital for six days, with a nonfunctioning pancreas, a bowel obstruction, and a ghoul of a surgeon looming over me wanting to slice and dice.

Maybe you should have that seen to? Before they get to the "clean her out like a pumpkin!" stage?

I'm thinking about it... If I had any other heat symptoms I definitely would have seen a doctor.

On the bright side, there was some delicious spiced chicken in between. XD Not quite as good coming up as going down, though.

The real problem is, losing lunch brings me to a total of no food since lunch yesterday. And I don't think I'll be able to keep anything down if I try dinner tonight. :(

WriteTyme

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I've never had anything against epilogues, so I could probably use that.

Out of curiosity, what genre and age group are you writing for? At the moment I'm working on a YA (maybe...it's growing up as time goes on) fantasy/sci-fi. It's turning out to be an adventure/coming of age story with possible romantic inclinations. 0.o

Middle Grades. Coming of age with a (in my opinion) unique twist.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
I passed out in the dong garden last night. Did anybody find a pair of earrings by the bar? They're real!

Hope you didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed...

Kidding!

There is no wrong side of the bed in the dong garden.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Did not. Welcome back, stranger.

Thanks. And for the record, if I am not making sense for the next little while, I'm currently on morphine. Also, sleepy. Also, zzzzz....

In other news, I just edited my novellaette. Well, I think it was a short story, at 8.7k words, but I added 350, so it's a novellaette again. Doh. But the voice is friggen awesome. *hugs only good story I have*

Is that the monster-in-the-lake story? Because that was pretty darned good, even pre-revision. Also, I disbelieve it's your only good story -- maybe just the only one until you've got this one out the door and can move on to the next? Good luck with your betas! :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Achievement unlocked: repairing window screen!

This is one I tore being over exuberant when cutting back my forsythia last spring. But now I can also fix the ones the cats have put holes in by scratching.

Congrats, but did you patch them or stitch them back really carefully? :)

Thanks. And for the record, if I am not making sense for the next little while, I'm currently on morphine. Also, sleepy. Also, zzzzz....

Is that the monster-in-the-lake story? Because that was pretty darned good, even pre-revision. Also, I disbelieve it's your only good story -- maybe just the only one until you've got this one out the door and can move on to the next? Good luck with your betas! :)

Ah, the post surgery high. Enjoy :)

And yep, the lake leviathan story. I have a few other stories that I can make good, but aren't good yet. The sequel is in SYW right now, but it's 7k and needs to be a novella or longer. I'm a slow writer, I don't wanna write a novel. *pouts*

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Congrats, but did you patch them or stitch them back really carefully? :)

Replaced all the screening entirely. Tore out the old spline, removed the screening. Put new screening in. Put new spline in.

I bought pet-resistant screening, which basically means it'll take the beasts a bit longer to put holes in it.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Um. Guys. I'm... really depressed. Not call a suicide hotline STAT depressed, but sit down and cry until you actually, literally run out of tears (and then your eyes keep trying to shed them and there's none there, and it makes your face sore) depressed. I don't want to go to the CC forum because so often it's like "try this therapy/technique" or "try that support group/program" which is sweet and all, but it ain't going to help me at 10pm on a Saturday. I really just need a metaphorical shoulder to cry on, and potentially a nonjudgmental ear to listen to how different I wish things were with my self-centered jerk of a dad and how far away paramedic school feels (and how badly I want to go) and how I secretly worry I'm going to be a bachelorette forever (despite currently having a girlfriend) because there are so few lesbians and so many are already spoken for and I'm not monogamous enough for most of them and because paramedics work 72 hour shifts and get paid shit.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
And I now know that if the situation arises in which I am truly unable to use said arm, I will still be able to eat. You have no idea how much comfort this gives me.

Since I'm currently functioning with only one working arm, I can sympathize. I can also pass on one-arm-friendly recipes if it comes down to it. :)

Um. Guys. I'm... really depressed.

Lots of hugs to you.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
Um. Guys. I'm... really depressed. Not call a suicide hotline STAT depressed, but sit down and cry until you actually, literally run out of tears (and then your eyes keep trying to shed them and there's none there, and it makes your face sore) depressed. I don't want to go to the CC forum because so often it's like "try this therapy/technique" or "try that support group/program" which is sweet and all, but it ain't going to help me at 10pm on a Saturday. I really just need a metaphorical shoulder to cry on, and potentially a nonjudgmental ear to listen to how different I wish things were with my self-centered jerk of a dad and how far away paramedic school feels (and how badly I want to go) and how I secretly worry I'm going to be a bachelorette forever (despite currently having a girlfriend) because there are so few lesbians and so many are already spoken for and I'm not monogamous enough for most of them and because paramedics work 72 hour shifts and get paid shit.

I'm gonna have to give you the same advice I give to everyone: Get drunk and get laid.

...you're welcome

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
ION: Just started watching Smallville. Not that great. Lex Luthor is the only decent character on the show. Hope it gets better.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Um. Guys. I'm... really depressed.

:Hug2:

Hang in there. If there's one thing I know, it's that you're tougher than the sadness.

You've come awfully far already in the short time you've been here (from your posts on CC and everything you've been working on). It might not seem like it, but really, you have.

Hang in there.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ION: Just started watching Smallville. Not that great. Lex Luthor is the only decent character on the show. Hope it gets better.

It does. Then it gets old.

I was going to start counting the number of times ...whats her name? Not Lois or Chloe but the other chick... Love interest chick passed out or got knocked out cold before suffering serious and irreversible medical trauma but then I decided I just didn't give a damn anymore and quit watching.

I think Clark wasn't as innocent as we believe and was secretly speeding in and setting things up so ...Lana? would be out, then zoom out and zoom back in at a slightly slower speed so the cameras could show him arrive just in time to save the day.

That would at least make more sense than xray vision that could see bone density behind a concrete wall. Hello, it doesn't work that way. And how the hell is he getting the image back when there is nothing for the so called xrays to bounce off of? Sheesh.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

The most notable thing about Smallville, IME, was just how much more sexual chemistry/tension there was between Clark and Lex than between Clark and Lana. And how much better and more interesting a show it would have been if they'd just run with that.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
It does. Then it gets old.

I was going to start counting the number of times ...whats her name? Not Lois or Chloe but the other chick... Love interest chick passed out or got knocked out cold before suffering serious and irreversible medical trauma but then I decided I just didn't give a damn anymore and quit watching.

I think Clark wasn't as innocent as we believe and was secretly speeding in and setting things up so ...Lana? would be out, then zoom out and zoom back in at a slightly slower speed so the cameras could show him arrive just in time to save the day.

That would at least make more sense than xray vision that could see bone density behind a concrete wall. Hello, it doesn't work that way. And how the hell is he getting the image back when there is nothing for the so called xrays to bounce off of? Sheesh.
Clark is boring. Lana is hot but boring. Superman really isn't that awesome to begin with.
The most notable thing about Smallville, IME, was just how much more sexual chemistry/tension there was between Clark and Lex than between Clark and Lana. And how much better and more interesting a show it would have been if they'd just run with that.

They did. Renamed it "True Blood".

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:ROFL: You're not wrong though. Maybe I should go find some Clark/Lex slash.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of hugs to you.

:Hug2:

Hang in there. If there's one thing I know, it's that you're tougher than the sadness.

You've come awfully far already in the short time you've been here (from your posts on CC and everything you've been working on). It might not seem like it, but really, you have.

Hang in there.

Thanks so much, both of you. I feel all patched up and ready to get back in the ring now. Or at least well enough to go try to sleep.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yeah, raven, just echoing the "how far you've come" because, girl, you have really come miles from where you seemed to be with your first couple of posts in cc.

Your strength constantly amazes me, because I doubt I would have been able to pull myself up like you have.

:hugs

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

Think about all the dramatic angst that would have come from that, they would have been able to go an extra season for sure.

Oh, and zan, lots of gentle hugs for you. It feels a bit like the cantina has been to the war an back with sickness and illness.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my night was entirely unproductve yet again. Watched Kindergarden Cop on demand because the real movie I wanted to watch wasn't offered in HD. I mean really? You have a movie that's 22 years old in HD but not one that recently came out on Bluray?

But I'm getting so sick of not being able to write. If it's not my early mornings draining me of all my energy, it's my brain not being able to focus, or just having no desire to sit my ass down and type. It's really starting to upset me.

Well I'm off to bed. Night Cantina!

Status
Not open for further replies.