My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty good new episode. I liked the new song and the montage for it. Fancy Pants' girlfriend/wife, the Celestia mini-me unicorn, looked really nice. And of course, this was the return of Octavia. Now if only Vinyl Scratch will make a return.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the episode well enough--it's nice knowing that not every aristocrat in Canterlot is a complete @$$. Although how Rairty managed to stomach being near Blueblood is something I'd like to know, as well as how Rarity explained RD to Fancypants.

Also, EQD hit 80 million.

I calculated it out.
The site has been around for 324 days (that's including the day it was established but not including the 4th of December, which is the day I'm posting this).

80,000,000 / 324 = ~246,913.6 hits a day.
In actuality the site probably had a lot fewer hits in the beginning and is getting more than that right now (it's only shortly into the 4th and the site is already 600,000 hits over 80,000,000) but we're gonna run with that number for conveniences' sake.

It would take about 10.2 years (~3700 days) from the 3rd of December to reach 1,000,000,000 hits.
As noted, if the current rate is held steady it would probably take quite a bit less than that.
I'd need to take a number of samples of the average number of hits over a full day and calculate an average from that, then subtract whatever the current number of hits at that time is from 1,000,000,000 to get a more accurate estimate.

But assuming it doesn't drop below ~250,000 hits a day here, then 10.2 years at most.

ETA: You just know airship/blimps are going to make an appearance in FOE(PH) now.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I keep trying to catch Rainbow Dash's little sister's name and missing it. Lulu? Could someone tell me what it is?

Thanks.
Scootaloo? The orange pegasus filly with the purple mane and tail?

That's not her sister, she's just a fan.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Scootaloo? The orange pegasus filly with the purple mane and tail?

That's not her sister, she's just a fan.

Thanks. Yes, that's the filly, the one who hangs out with Apple Blossom and Sweetie Bell. That's why I thought she was Dash's sister. I guess I've got to pay closer attention.

I like that name.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
New chapter of Fallout Equestria went up today. Wow. We finally catch up to the present and in dramatic fashion. I'm guessing the next chapter will be the final one.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know . . . chapter 37 to 45 isn't exactly a
a long and brutal journey
compared to the 36 chapters before it.
Tough stuff, yeah, but not quite what I had in mind.

Also, unless it's multitudes longer than any other chapter in FO:E, then I doubt chapter 45 would cover the discovery of the final Element bearers.
If they and the recovery of Equestria get shoe-horned into some kind of montage then I would decisively declare Project Horizons to be FO:E's superior.
I would then write a spin-off denying FO:E instead of incorporating it as a form of protest. :p

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know . . . chapter 37 to 45 isn't exactly a compared to the 36 chapters before it.
Tough stuff, yeah, but not quite what I had in mind.

Also, unless it's multitudes longer than any other chapter in FO:E, then I doubt chapter 45 would cover the discovery of the final Element bearers.
If they and the recovery of Equestria get shoe-horned into some kind of montage then I would decisively declare Project Horizons to be FO:E's superior.
I would then write a spin-off denying FO:E instead of incorporating it as a form of protest. :p
But the Elements of Harmony have never been the central part of the story. It's always just focused on Littlepip. If/when she follows through with her plan, her part of the story and thus the story itself, would come to and end. It's kinda hard to continue a first person pov story when the protagonist is comatose. :p

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kkat writes a sequel following some other character in a post-Littlepip Equestrian Wasteland.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Or, you know, something completely unexpected could happen. I don't have a good track record of recognizing Kkat's Guns. So there could be one ready to go off and I wouldn't have a clue.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Finished my first MLP fanfic, A Visit From the Princess. Has Celestia pranking Spike, some drunken fun and a nice moment between Celestia and Twilight (not shipping):
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4207/A-Visit-From-the-Princess

Also, I have a tumblr where I'll post information about future MLP fanfic projects. It already includes a short synopsis of the next three fics I'm planning; Windows, Blue Acres and Breaking the Time Barrier:
http://rainev1.tumblr.com/

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
In A Bird in the Hoof and The Return of Harmony, the color of Celestia's magic was blue.

In Lesson Zero it's yellow/gold.

She's an imposter!

:p

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Watched Secret of my Excess.
Don't really get the title, but I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
King Spike grabs Rarity and climbs the Emperor State Mountain while the Wonderbolts try and stop him and he roars like Godzilla.

Totally awesome :D

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Watched Secret of my Excess.
Don't really get the title, but I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Is it a play off The Secret of my Success?
I haven't seen the movie but I think it's about Michael J. Fox using trickery to get ahead in a job.
And Spike was trying to be tricksy before he became outright grabby...

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
This week's episode was pretty good. But I'm bothered by something. By this point in the first season of MLP:FiM, we had already seen a ton of monsters: A manticore, a cockatrice, a giant bear, diamond dogs, and 2 or 3 dragons.

The first (and only) monster in the second season turns out to be...Spike.

It feels as if the producers of the show have decided to make it less scary. Which also makes it less epic. That's a shame, if true. The epic storylines were what made the ponies great. You need memorable villains to have memorable heroes.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
This week's episode was pretty good. But I'm bothered by something. By this point in the first season of MLP:FiM, we had already seen a ton of monsters: A manticore, a cockatrice, a giant bear, diamond dogs, and 2 or 3 dragons.

The first (and only) monster in the second season turns out to be...Spike.

It feels as if the producers of the show have decided to make it less scary. Which also makes it less epic. That's a shame, if true. The epic storylines were what made the ponies great. You need memorable villains to have memorable heroes.
Remember, this was only episode 10 of the second season. It's true there haven't been as many monsters (by this point in season one we've had Nightmare Moon, a manticore, a dragon and parasprites, compared to just Discord and Spike). Though I'm sure there will be some big adventure episodes coming up. In fact since the next episode is centered on the history of Equestria, it may involve some ancient monster.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter 45: I'm not sure if it was actually shorter, or if it just felt that way while I read it.

Last edited: